Epilogue: I See You Everywhere I Go

⭐️Epilogue: I See You Everywhere I Go

"Goggles, pack faster! You're gonna be late for the trip!"

"I know, I know!"

It had been a few weeks after the Squidbeak's time machine adventure. They had been on break as the idol 4 decided on missions that were less dangerous for the upcoming months. Goggles was currently packing up while on a voice chat with the others, and very hurriedly at that. Somehow he'd slept through his alarm, and now he was keeping everyone behind schedule. He was doing his best, though.

The Squidbeak had decided on a trip to the beach for their vacation, and their parents were willing to go with them. Over a group chat, everyone decided on Spitfire, Rion, and Savannah to go, who were Rider's mom, Goggles' dad, and Gloves's mom. Emperor and Prince's parents were too busy at the time, and nobody heard anything about Nana, Hachi, and Flip's parents. As Goggles slammed the lid to his suitcase...or, tried to, his mother Bebe entered the room to give him a hug and wish him good fun. Goggles smiled as she helped him close his suitcase as well, and after the hug, he was on his way.

Rion was by the door, waiting for him. Goggles smiled, and the two were out the door and ready to join up with the rest of the Squidbeak. Ending the voice call, Goggles happily texted everyone that he was finally on his way to the meeting place. As the car started up, Goggles looked out the window, wondering if that alternate world truly had changed for the better. He sure hoped the Squidbeak had helped since they went through quite the effort to get back home. After all, they'd escaped the technology of the future.

One could even say it was a...

Cyber run.

-----

[Loading Filename: CR2_Lucy.savefl.?=safe]

-----

An old man was making his way back home. It had been a long day, but he was glad he at least got something out of it. As he got to his house, he unlocked the door and walked in, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Hey Lucy! Ye'll never believe what happened to me today!" he called out in a happy tone.

A girl came walking out from the hallways, looking up from her handheld device. Half of her was robotic, as she was a cyborg. Her ink was a dulled lime green, and her tentacles were made abnormal length by mechanical enhancements. The old man held up the money he received.

"Look what I got fer ye! A nice lady gave it to us! Now we can have a nice dinner tonight, and pay for our house with what we've stored! I know it might not be much since we still gotta run the business to get money, but we're gonna be safe for a while! Maybe other people'll help us as well, and we won't have to rely on the old business anymore..."

The girl smiled a genuine, heartwarming smile.

"You're right. Maybe I can finally reason with them when they come over..."

"Thank you, whoever you are."

"You saved my life."