Bonus Chapter: Ice Cold

A group of cephalopods were standing on the side of a cliff. They were in utter shock at what was going on. Battles everywhere, ink being fired, special weapons going off. It was utter chaos. No, it was more than just that.

It was war.

This had only started a few months ago, too. The Rinkling's kingdom had been living in total peace with everyone. Everything was fine and in order, it wasn't like there was a villain or malevolent spirit going around. People were simply minding their own business and doing things as they usually would. There was no cause for alarm...

Then the rumors started.

Nobody knew where exactly they sourced from, but all it said were that the Pyrolings were planning on taking over the Rinkling's kingdom as revenge for capturing their people. The Rinklings naturally did not like this, and started taking action by preparing their defenses. The rumors must have spread to the opposite side as well, because it seemed the Pyrolings were just as agitated. The prince of the Ice Kingdom had gotten word of this and panicked just as much as some of the other citizens had. Luckily though, he had friends he could rely on, and he wasn't about to give up so easily.

He went through the rough effort of traveling alone to reach them, with hardly any assistance other than bringing supplies and his turf team's help. Once he'd gathered his small group of allies, he'd set off to try and reason with the Fire Kingdom. Unfortunately, he was met with a lot of resistance and suspicion, so his group was forced to flee. Luckily for them, they weren't followed all the way back to the Ice Kingdom, so a plan could be made and executed. Then it turned out that the king of Rinklings, King Chion, had already sent an army to clash with the Pyroling forces. That brought them all to now, by the cliffside.

"And to think that mere words started this fight..." a tall masked Rinkling muttered as they stared out into the chaos.

"Words can be just as dangerous as any other attack, they are not to be underestimated or misjudged," a Mimic Ocsnowling beside them said.

"I hate doing nothing about this, but...there really isn't anything we can do, is there? a male Inkling with black metal ear cuffs asked.

"We could always get more help," a tall female Inkling with blue ink replied.

"I just hope nobody gets killed until then..." a smaller Rinkling said worriedly.

"I'm sure we'll find a solution to this! We always win in the end, don't we?" a Pygmy Octoling asked.

"I hope..."

"Do you think we'll be able to fight them off, Corrin?" a small Inkling girl with dark red ink asked.

Corrin, the prince of Rinklings, only sighed and shook his head. He knew he couldn't constantly believe that his friends would win every time, but this was something that meant a lot to him.

"I hope so, Ryn," he replied as he stared out across the horizon.

"I hope so."

To be continued in Icebound, the first arc of Season 2 of Kyroad!

(If it is ever typed)