Chapter 38: 3V1L Shall Not Rule

🔥Chapter 38: 3V1L Shall Not Rule

Hachi wasn't sure if touching the electric crystal with bare hands was safe, but with the help of the others they used their weapons to pick the gem up and put it in his fanny pack. The obvious exit was right in front of the Squidbeak, but that was only to get out of this area they were currently in. Once they were out, they wouldn't exactly know which way to go unless they retraced all of their steps exactly how they came in, going all the way back through that shed area. The Squidbeak began running up the stairs and into the arena, looking for the actual entrance they'd used to get in. Once they located it, they caught up with Herald and Bobble before making a dash back through the factory.

Doko kara kita no?   
Donna sugata o shite iru no?
Dare mo shiranai       
Sou sa boku ga shirokuro baku   

"Herald, do you know a way out of here?" Flip asked as she ran.

"Yes, one path that is shorter than the one you all supposedly snuck through, seeing as you did not enter through the front or back doors..." Herald replied.

"Then take us to it!" Gloves exclaimed.

The Squidbeak followed the old cyborg's lead as he turned down a corner with the others. The cyborgs were constantly alerting everyone of falling debris and loose/weakened areas that could collapse, so that the group could avoid them. As they made their way through numerous rooms whose ceilings had collapsed, they found themselves running through a larger, slightly more stabilized area. It appeared that this was a central hall of some sorts, which most likely led to a way out. However, the group skidded to a halt as they noticed what was in front of them.

The path ahead was blocked by fallen debris!

Kore wa ojousa
Yonaka nemurezu ni iru no kai?
Sore nara boku ga       
Mahou o kakete ageyou ka   
Hora yubikiri de yakusoku shiyou

Looked like that option was off the list then. Good thing the Squidbeak still had their backup plan.

"Well, this was...to be expected..." Herald muttered.

"No time! Lead us back through the pathways that take us to that many-pathwayed place! The one after the generator room!" Prince interrupted.

"But that's the long route...and it has plenty of unsafe obstacles-"

"Is there any other option?!" Emperor spat, desperate to quit chit chat and start running.

Herald sighed before giving the group an "Alright..." and changing paths.

The Squidbeak were headed back to the rooms now. They could see numerous droids of all shapes and sizes go by them, ones they hadn't encountered on their way here. Herald called upon a droid for assistance in carrying Bobble, and the group had one in seconds.

"Hey, why can't we all get droids to speed us out of here?" Rider asked.

"I trust that you rebels have more dodge in you than these glitching robots," Herald replied.

"Glitching? But they look perfectly fi-"

Hachi was interrupted as the robot carrying Bobble suddenly sparked and jolted erratically a little. Luckily, it didn't drop her.