Right Thing

Minah felt like she was being followed by some wicked spirit that didn’t exist as she walked the path to school.

To elaborate, she was still confused, a little frightened, somewhat awkward and unbelievably nervous... all at the same time. Monday surely had to offer its legendary unpleasant things, but she was most fretful of the fact that she had to face him again, and that brought troubles to her more often than not.

Xiumin, Xiumin, Xiumin... what has that guy done to her head?

She fiddled with her fingers while thinking about last Friday night. A dominant part of Minah screamed how crazy she had been acting the whole weekend, all busy with daydreaming and often jumping into a scene where she stared at her ceiling in wonder... sometimes even studying herself in the mirror for a long time.

Her main goal for today was to pull her shit together and stop over thinking about things she should forget.

Then again, when you have a main voice in your head telling you what to do, there’s always the sub element. Minah cursed herself to no end whenever that smaller voice whispered mind-boggling stuff she had never thought of before.

What would it have felt like if he actually kissed me?

The image of Xiumin lowering down completely to meet her lips had bothered her even in dreams, although she couldn’t remember most of them. Minah was convinced that she’s gonna go nuts if he does something similar once more without giving her the time to recover from the last one.

Never in her whole life had one person she thought was irrelevant to her living, made her feel extreme yet dumb things.

She passed by the parking lot where all the familiar black cars were, resisting the urge to check if Xiumin’s car was already there.

When she entered the gates and strolled through the halls, it was as if Friday hadn’t ended quite yet. People along the hallways whispered among themselves as they looked at her. One girl blocked her with a wide grin and she just stood there inelegantly.

“I saw you at Luhan’s party, Minah.” She smiled. “You looked pretty.”

“Uh... okay.” Minah replied before running off quickly to the homeroom.

The first person she looked for the moment she opened the door weren’t her friends, but that stupid M member. He wasn’t there yet, but Chen, Lay and Kris were chatting among themselves at the back. Chen saw her and smiled, followed by Lay and gave her a small nod.

Kris just looked at her and went back to talking to his friends, which wasn’t a surprise at all.

She remembered Xiumin’s story about the gang leaders and how they used to be good friends. It’s almost impossible to believe that a friendship could exist between the two, considering how bold they come off as individuals.

Her gaze landed at Suho, who was currently listening to whatever Sehun was telling him. All K members were there, except for the ever tardy Chanyeol and Baekhyun, of course.

“Good morning.” Eunri greeted expressionlessly. She seemed pissed off for some reason, but Minah just ignored that part. Nara stood up from Minah’s spot and sat on the desk. “Looking for someone?”

“No.” Minah lied.

“Where did you disappear to during the party?” Eunri spat. “Did you know we’ve been trying to contact you the whole weekend because you just vanished and never came back?”

“First of all, stop sounding like a mother. It’s freaking me out.” Minah huffed. “Second, I didn’t disappear. I was right all along about you two leaving me to get... I don’t know... blackout drunk or something.”