Hangout

Did she hear it right?

Minah had her jaw to the floor while staring dumbfounded at Eunri, who was telling her a story she never thought she would hear. She even made her tell it twice now, just to make sure that she wasn’t daydreaming.

“It’s true, Minah.” Eunri stated. She was just as confused as her two friends, who had mixed reactions while she talked. “He just came out of nowhere and I actually thought he was going to do something horrible again, but he apologized.”

“What exactly did he say?” Minah pried.

“He just said ‘sorry’ and then I stared at him straight in the eyes like I never do.” Eunri shrugged. “It looked definitely different from before... like he wasn’t Xiumin.”

“Maybe some good spirit possessed him or something.” Nara snorted. “It honestly doesn’t sound like a big deal to me. After all, Xiumin needed to apologize. He had been bullying you for almost two years, not to mention for something that you didn’t do.”

“Well, it feels good to hear it from him.” Eunri smiled. “Whatever you said to him worked like magic, Minah.”

She just nodded as they went out the hall and towards the gates after the last bell, and Xiumin wasn’t waiting under the shed like she had expected. Maybe he’d wait by the parking lot like the last time, so Minah said goodbye to her friends and started to walk home. Six figures undeniably taller than her had their backs to Minah as they strolled to their black cars. Minah recognized him almost immediately and shouted a name to get his attention.

When Xiumin turned around, Minah was already running to his direction with a massive smile she couldn’t quite erase after letting Eunri’s story be absorbed. I honestly don’t want to choose between my promise and you. She wouldn’t have to choose now, because Xiumin wasn’t as bad as the guy she met at the first day of school.

Minah almost knocked Xiumin off of his feet with how hard she hit when she caught up, but she didn’t care. She tiptoed and threw her arms around him for a tight embrace, earning herself shocked reactions from everyone.

“Thank you.” She mumbled to his ear, not one bit caring about how his friends were watching them. Xiumin understood what she meant and surprisingly, instead of pushing her away from him, he snaked his arms around her waist and held her even closer.

Minah hoped that with their proximity, Xiumin wouldn’t be able to tell how fast her heart was beating and it wasn’t only because she ran.

“If I knew that one big hug is what I’d get from you, I would’ve apologized to Eunri sooner.” Xiumin playfully said, burying his head to the crook of her neck. “You were right. She had nothing to do with me.”

“Seriously though, thank you.” Minah replied, smiling big again. “It’s important to me.”

“I know.” Xiumin nodded. “You’re welcome, Minah.”

They pulled away after a few seconds with their hands still in position, gazing at each other like they were the only people in the world. When Chen cleared his throat, that’s when Minah realized what she just did and quickly took two steps back, cheeks heating up to the tip of her ears from awkwardness.

Xiumin, on the other hand, was smirking at her in pure amusement.

“I think I’m gonna be sick.” Kris said coldly to both of them, rolling his eyes before turning around. “Excuse me while I go vomit my guts out.”

“Don’t mind him.” Xiumin whispered, shaking his head.

“I think it’s safe to say we’re all in the verge of shock here, but I won’t ask about whatever this may be.” Luhan uneasily butted in, rubbing his nape in discomfort.