CHAPTER ONE : HOMESICKNESS AND HEARTBREAK

CHAPTER ONEHOMESICKNESSAND HEARTBREAK

CHAPTER ONE
HOMESICKNESS
AND HEARTBREAK

SEPTEMBER 8TH, 1983

It was sunny hot, just like he remembered it being it Italy, maybe a little bit more. Angelo Rossi had been sitting on the porch in the early morning while his sisters were still getting ready to go to school. Angelo wasn't very excited about this, but that wasn't quite the case with his sisters. They were very estatic. They were willing to start off new. Well, they needed to. They had no choice.

They had moved to Hawkins, Indiana to start a new life. To start over. Even though Angelo had been through a lot, he still missed Italy and wished he could go back. All he experienced was heartbreak and sorrow in the past few years, but home was home, no matter what.

The raven - haired boy was drawing in his textbook before looking at time. He got up and peeked through the door way to see Vera and Donna still doing their hair in the bathroom.

"God, will you two hurry up?" He grumbled, "You know mama's gonna be pissed when she finds out we're late on the first day!" That made his twin turn around.

"Okay! Jeez Mr. Grumpy-Pants!" Vera sneered back, "Besides, why are you worried? You don't even wanna go!" She asked him.

"You know ma's gonna be on my ass about it! Not yours or Donna's!" Angelo told her, "And you should be considerate. I don't want mama yellin' at me for the a billionth time!" After that, the boy had walked out the door again.

He sat back down on the porch, and continued drawing in his sketchbook. Drawing made him feel at ease. It helped him with a lot of stuff. This was a hobby, but it was also a part of him in some way. He had been erasing something when both his sisters showed up at the door.

"About time," Angelo muttered, standing up. He then looked at his twin. "So who's driving?" He questioned, putting the sketchbook in his bag.

Vera shrugged. "I don't know," She answered, crossing her arms. She then looked down at Donna. She always kept up with who's turn was it to drive.

"It's your turn, Angie," She answered, before throwing the keys to him. She could tell that her brother was extremely nervous. She could read it in his face.

"Don't be nervous, Ang," Donna told him with a bright, cheerful smile on her face, "You'll be fine!" That made Angelo smile.

"Thanks, Donnie. . ." He said to her after he had caught the keys. The siblings got into the car, and Angelo started up the car, and backed out the driveway. They were officially on their way to school.

───

Angelo had dropped Donna off first, since she was going into the middle school. Him and Vera went to the high school that was across the street. They parked and took their seatbelts off, but didn't get out yet.

"You ready to do this?" Vera asked him. She was pretty concerned about her brother after what he went through with his ex.

Angelo shook his head. "I-I don't know, Vee. I don't know. . ." He didn't know if he could do this. He was mentally freaking out.

"Angie! You're the toughest person I know!" Vera told him, "I'm sure you can handle this with know problem! Do what you tell me! Suck it up!"

He then realized Vera was right. He needed to suck this up and just go to school. Like it or not, he had to go anyways. Angelo nodded in agreement with what her twin sister said to him.

"You're right," He said, looking out of the windshield, "Let's fucking do this." He took a deep breath, and he opened the car door.

There were tons of people, but that's what you'd expect for it to be a school. People gave them weird looks. Well, who would expect a teenage boy dressed in all black, and a teemage girl dressed in colorful clothing? He got his bag out of the car and closed the door shut. Angelo tried to ignore the weird stares, but they were really bothering him.

The twins got to the door and inside the school. Once they were inside, they had to split up and go their own ways.

"I'll see you later, okay Ang?" Vera said to him, while the teenage boy nodded. She hated to leave him, but theu had classes on other sides of the building.

Vera walked away, and Angelo was just at the doorway, when a kid pushed him out the way.

"Yo! Move will ya? We've got classes to get to!" Yelled a boy, with long brown hair, and shades covering his eyes. But before Angelo could say anything, the guy walked away. The boy got his schedule out of his backpack. English was his first class.

He didn't know if he was gonna survive the day.