CHAPTER FOUR : ART CLUB LONER

CHAPTER FOURART CLUB LONER

CHAPTER FOUR
ART CLUB LONER

SEPTEMBER 9TH, 1983

The raven - haired boy didn't like the people in this school much. A lot of the kids were rude and mean. They were always in a terrible mood for some reason. Like someone annoyed the shit outta them. Not Link, though. In fact, he was pretty cool. He wasn't like the other teenagers. He was nice, always had a smile on his face.

It had been the end of the second day and the blonde had walked with Angelo to the art room. Link had been showing him around the school, which Angelo thought that was awfully nice to do.

"And this is the art room," Link said to him, "The only art room that we have, and the home of the art club."

Angelo noticed a "Do Not Enter" sign on the door, which really confused him. Why did it have a sign like that on the door.

"Why is there a 'Do Not Enter' sign on the door?" Angelo asked, practically staring at the sign. He hoped that this person in the club was really nice.

Link shrugged. "I don't know. I guess she's been alone in the club for so long, she just put it up there," He explained, "But now, since you're joining, she won't be alone."

Angelo smiled. "Yeah, no one shoul be by themselves," He said to him. He looked at the door again. "Is she already in here?" He questioned.

"She should be. She gets out of class five minutes before us, just to get 'ere," The blonde answered, "And good luck. I'll see you after school, 'kay?"

Angelo nodded. "Alrighty," He said to him. He gave Link a small smile, before looking at the door once again. He took a deep breath, and he opened the door. He saw the same blonde haired that was calling for Link.

The girl looked up after hearing the door creak when the boy opened it. And the first thing she did was narrow her eyes at him.

" 'ey! Didn't you see the sign outside the door?" She asked him, "It clearly says 'Do Not Enter!' "

Angelo rose an eyebrow again. This time, in disgust. She didn't have to be rude.

"Yeah, no shit, sherlock," He sneered, "I came here because I heard this was where the art club was. But since you don't want anyone here, I guess I'll leave." Angelo was turned his heel to leave, but the girl spoke again.

"Wait!" She called to him, which made the boy turn back to her, "I-I'm sorry, mate. I'm not really in the best mood today."

The raven - haired boy nodded, knowing how she felt. He grabbed one of the stools, sitting down on it.

"That's okay," He said, "I have days like that where I don't wanna deal with people's shit."

The girl chuckled, then she tilted her head slightly. Then she remembered that it was the boy Link was talking about. The one he called cute on the ride home while they were talking.

"Ah, I know you," She started, "You're the boy me brother was talkin' about yesterday. Name's Angelo, right?"

The italian nodded. "Yeah. . ." He said quietly, "And you are?" He really wanted to know her name. She wasn't bad either, in fact, she was more like him.

"Lyla," The blonde replied quickly, "Ya know Link? He's me twin brother." She continued to draw on the sketchbook that she had.

"Twin, huh?" He asked her with a slight smile, "That's cool. I have a twin sister actually. Vera's her name."

"Vera Rossi? Well, I should've known that. But she's. . ."

"More preppy? The opposite of me? Yeah, I get that a lot," Angelo chuckled slightly, pulling out his sketchbook.

"That's okay, Link and I are opposites, too. So you guys aren't the only ones," Lyla explained to him.

"I mean, its okay to be different from your twin. At least, to me," Angelo explained, "You can be your own person."

"Amen to that," Lyla chuckled slightly, finishing up her drawing.

───

Angelo and his siblings got home about an hour later, and that's how they found out the twins lived across the street from them. He had been drawing again when he saw them pull up into the garage. Vera and Donna were estatic about this, and wanted to talk to them right away, and eventually, the two boys had to work on the project, so they went up to Angelo's room.

It was slightly different from an ordinary teenage boy's room.. It had band posters, such as Queen, The Beatles, Bon Jovi, etc. The things that were different were his posters from various theatre shows he had been in.

"You've got a nice room," Link said to him, looking around at the various posters in it, "It's. . . Interesting."

Angelo chuckled slightly, "Thanks, I guess," He said to him as he sat down on the bed.

Both the boys were silent for a bit, not knowing what to say to each other.

"So. . ." Link finally started, breaking the silence, "You said you wanted to do the drawings for this project, right?"

Angelo nodded, smiling lightly.  "Yeah!" He answered, "I already started some sketches for what I'm going to draw!"

He once again took out the sketchbook and showed him the sketches of Saturn that had. And from the looks of it, Link had been amazed at his artwork.

"Those sketches are absolutely wicked!" Link told him as he looked at the drawings of Saturn, "They're amazing!"

The italian had the biggest smile on his face. No one besides his mother and sister ever complimented his art. Well, that's because he was too scared to show it to anyone else. He had to this time because of a project.

"Thank you," Angelo replied as he fiddled with the sleeves of his leather jacket. He looked at the time, and he saw that it was only 3:30 in the afternoon.

They were gonna have to finish it before the night came around. . .