CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : FUN TIMES AND STARRY SKIES (PART ONE)

CHAPTER SEVENTEENFUN TIMES ANDSTARRY SKIES(PART ONE)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
FUN TIMES AND
STARRY SKIES
(PART ONE)

OCTOBER 26TH, 1983

This whole week had been hectic with homecoming things. Things at school were hectic, things at home were hectic because of all the shopping they had to do. Angelo honestly thought this was all stupid, and that homecoming shouldn't exist, but he was only going because he was going with Link.

Angelo  had been in the mirror, tying his tie when Vera went into the room.

"Angie, have you seen ─ Wow. . .  You look amazing!" She said to him, giggling slightly.

Angelo rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, big deal," He scoffed, and he turned around to face her, "Anyway, what do you want?"

"Have you seen my curling iron?" Vera asked him, "I thought it was in my room, but its not."

"Did you check in the bathroom where you last had it?" Angelo asked her.

"No, I sure didn't! Thanks Ang!" Vera replied, before going into the bathroom.

The boy had just finished tying the tie when his phone rang. He knew that it had to be Link, so he answered it.

"Hey!" Angelo chirped, "How are ya?"

"I'm okay!" Link answered. You could hear the smile appearing on his face, "I'm actually looking forward to this year's 'omecoming."

"I could say the same thing," Angelo chuckled, "I just don't get why it's a big deal, though. It confuses me."

"Me too," Link replied, "But, I feel a little empty without Lyla, you know? I wanted 'er to go, but she didn't want to."

"I know. She told me that she wasn't going," The boy said to him, "But at least Vera and her friend is going. But unfortunately, they have to ride in the car with us."

"Well that's okay! We'll still 'ave fun by ourselves at the dance," Link replied, "I mean, not fully, but without her sister and her friend around."

"I get what you mean," Angelo says with a slight chuckle, "And yeah, we will. It'll be a great time."

The was a pause while they were on the phone, like neither of them knew what to say to each other.

"I guess I'll see you soon!" The blonde finally said.

"See you soon!" The Italian replied back, before hanging up the phone.

Angelo went downstairs, and as soon as he hit the last step, the doorbell rang. He was hoping to see Link when he opened the door, but to his surprise, he saw someone else at the door.

Nancy Wheeler.

"Nancy?" Angelo asked in shock, "What are you doing here?"

"Vera didn't tell you? We're going to the dance as friends!"  She told him.