CHAPTER TWENTY : SCARY MOVIE AND SURPRISE PARTIES

CHAPTER TWENTYSCARY MOVIE ANDSURPRISE PARTIES

CHAPTER TWENTY
SCARY MOVIE AND
SURPRISE PARTIES

OCTOBER 31ST, 1983

Halloween was the Rossi family's favorite time of the year. They always went all out for the spooky day. Of course, school had to be in the way, so it wasn't really fun until he got home. But he also remembered that it was Link and Lyla's birthday today, so he made birthday cards for them before school and put them in their lockers.

This day was also important because it would be the day that he told Link his decision. After talking with his mother and his two sisters, he eventually decided that he was gonna give Link a chance. And with a lot of thinking, he actually wanted to be in a relationship with him.

The boy was sitting at his desk, drawing something else until Link walked in. Angelo looked up to see the huge smile on his face, which absolutely warmed his heart.

"This card is absolutely adorable," Link chuckled, sitting down next to him, "Thank you, by the way. Ly says thanks, too."

"It's no problem," Angelo said to him, giggling slightly.

The two boys were silent for a moment. Angelo was just admiring Link's features. His blonde mullet that fell over his shoulders, his bright green eyes that shined in the light. But his favorite feature about him had to be his gorgeous smile. God, he loved his smile.

Angelo zoned back in when he heard Link's laugh.

"You were just in deep thought there, mate," Link told him, chuckling slightly, "You okay?"

"Yeah! I'm okay!" The Italian answered, "I'm totally spectacular."

"Well, before you zoned out, I was about to ask you something," The blonde stated, "They're putting the first Halloween movie back in the theaters, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me tonight!"

A smile grew on Angelo's face. He didn't know what he loved scary movies much as he did. Especially Halloween. It was one of his favorites.

He quickly nodded. "Yeah! I would love to go see Halloween with you!" He answered happily.

"That's great!" Link chirped, "I'll see you tonight!"

"Yep! Totally!" Angelo said back to him, "And maybe after, we could go to my house and scare the little kids across the street."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Link said to him.

"Bring Ly, too!" Angelo said to him, "I'm sure she'll get a kick outta that."

"Will do," Link chuckled, "But I'm bringing her after the movie."

───

Night came around pretty quickly, and Angelo could not wait to go to this movie with Link. Before he left, he discussed the plan with his mother and two sisters. They were planning a surprise party for the Haywood Twins. It would be only them, so it wasn't many people. But that was okay.

Angelo had just got done getting ready. This was pretty much the only night you get to wear your Halloween costume in the movie theater. It also got you a discount. He was dressed up as Dracula, teeth and all.

He was outside sitting on his car, waiting for Link. It was a bit cold, but he could deal with it for now until Link came by. He had zoned out after a couple minutes after being outside watching the kids go from door to door collecting candy. He zoned back into reality when he heard footsteps walk toward the car.

He knew it was Link, and immediately recognized who he was. He knew Alice in Wonderland pretty well because his sister Donna loved that movie.

"So are you supposed to be Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum?" Angelo questioned, a smirk appearing on his face.

"I don't even know, mate. They're the same to me," The blonde answered, shaking his head.

Angelo chuckled. "I'm gonna just call you Tweedle Dum," He told him, which made Link roll his eyes at him.

"Whatever, let's go," He replied back, getting into the passenger seat while Angelo got into the driver's seat.

When they got there, the movie theatre was packed. Everyone had been going to see a bunch of scary movies. A lot of the people had matching costumes, probably because they were a couple, or they were best friends. The two just hoped that the Halloween tickets weren't sold out.

But they had gotten super lucky, and gotten the last two tickets that were available. They still had enough time to get popcorn and drinks, and were still made it to see the previews. They had gotten seats in the back. Angelo hated sitting in the front. He just didn't like the screen that close to his eyes.

The movie had started after a couple of the previews were over, and the two boys were pretty into the movie, even though they've probably seen it a dozen times before. A few times into during the movie, when they would absentmindedly go into the popcorn bowl, their hands would touch, making their faces slightly heat up.

During the middle of the movie, Link tried to make it subtle, but he wrapped an arm around Angelo. The raven-haired boy knew he was trying to make some type of move, and he didn't mind it. He leaned his head right on the blonde's shoulder, and they stayed like that until the end of the movie.

───

They finally went back to Angelo's house, and Lyla was sitting on her porch across the street, waiting for the two boys. She stood up after she saw them.

"About time you two showed up," Lyla said to the both of them, "Thought you two left me to go snog."

Link looked away, shaking his head and looking at her again. "No Ly, that didn't happen. We went to see 'alloween," He told her.

"Okay, whatever," Lyla replied to her brother, walking across the street with the two boys. It didn't take them long either.

Angelo unlocked the door with his keys, and when they entered the house, it was dark. You could barely see a thing in there.

"Angie, where's everyone else?" Link asked him, and then the lights popped on and everyone popped out of their hiding spots.

"Surprise!" All four members of the Rossi family cheered, "Happy birthday!"

"Well I'll be damned!" Lyla said, looking at Angelo, "You planned a party for us? That's awfully thoughtful of ya!"

"Yeah! I mean, this is really great, but you didn't have to do this for us," Link said to them.

"But we wanted to!" Donna said to them, jumping over the couch since she was behind it. "We feel like you're apart of the family!"

"That's really nice," Lyla replied.

"What are you two waitin' for? We've got some activities wanna do with you guys!" Vera told them.

The Haywood Twins looked at each other and smiled.

For the first time, they felt accepted.