CHAPTER SIXTEEN : HOMECOMING UPROAR

CHAPTER FIFTEENHOMECOMING UPROAR

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
HOMECOMING UPROAR

OCTOBER 19TH, 1983

All throughout school had been had an uproar about the homecoming dance. But Angelo nor Link had any interest in it really, since they were dealing with their own problems right now. But everything had been back to normal, including Lyla, but with her burns.

Angelo had been planning on asking Link if he wanted to go to the dance with him, but he just didn't know how to do it. He didn't wanna do the whole poster thing. That was so boring. He wanted to make it fun and creative. But knowing Hawkins high, they probably wouldn't even help with asking out the same sex.

So, he turned to Vera. She was pretty good with stuff like this. Even though they were such opposites, they still gave each other advice and helped each other. No matter what it was.

"You're gonna ask Link to homecoming?!" She squealed in happiness. Vera wanted to them to get together anyway.

"Don't do that! That's annoying," Angelo told her, "And yes, I plan on asking him. But I came to you because I don't know how to ask him."

Vera thought for a moment. She always clicked her tongue when she was in deep thought, and that was what was happening now. Then her face lit up, like a lightbulb went on in her head.

"Why don't you just do what you do best?" Vera asked him, "Draw a comic strip! Just like the ones you'd draw for ma! With the little chibi people you make!"

"That's an excellent idea," Angelo replied to her a smile creeping on his face, "Thanks Vee. . ."

"Anytime, Ang!" Vera giggled. Then the warning bell rang. It was a minute left for them to get to class.

"Gotta go!" She quickly said to him, before speeding off to go to her next class, and Angelo did the same thing afterward.

He had immediately started making the comic strip after he had gotten into the classroom. He wanted this to be absolutely perfect. But this could take him a couple of hours to do. Maybe until the end of the day.

Since English class had already passed, he was now in Algebra, something he truly hated. So he did most of his sketching while he was there, because it needed to be amazing, and not to mention a little bit cute.

He had a couple of ideas, and after drawing and scrapping out ideas, he found the one. And now all he had to do was sketch and draw, which also could take a while.

At lunch, he spent most of his time in the art room, where Lyla was as well. She pretty much hung out and ate lunch there. So it was cool since he had company.

Lyla looked over drawing the comic, and she chuckled.

"That's actually a really cute comic," Lyla said, "And I don't think a lot of shit is cute."

"Thanks," He replied with a slight smile, "This is my way of asking Link to homecoming."

"You're asking 'im to 'omecoming?" Lyla asked, surprised laced in her voice. She then gave him a slight smirk after that. "Cute. . ." She teased.

"Shut up. Let me live my life, let me ask him the way I want," Angelo scoffed, as he kept drawing the comic.

"I'm not judgin' ya. Besides, I want you guys to go and have a good time," Lyla told him as she drew in her book.

"You're not going?" Angelo asked, "Then who's gonna be my wingwoman?"

"Vera can do it," Lyla answered.

"No way!" Angelo said back, "I am not having her as my wingwoman!"

"Whatever," Lyla told him, "Your loss. But I don't wanna go."

"Fine," Angelo sighed, "I'll find someone else to do it." Only joking, but it would be nice to have a wingwoman.

The bell rang when Lunch was over, and eventually, they had to go back to class.

"Good luck asking 'im," Lyla told him, "I believe in you." She walked out of the art room afterward.

"Thanks. . ." He sighed, before picking up his things and walking out afterward.

───

Astronomy was the last time he was gonna see Link at school that day, so he had to finish this by the middle of class. This shouldn't be impossible, since he was almost finished with it.

The boy had finished the last box when Link had finally walked over to him. The raven-haired boy quickly covered it up so he wouldn't see it, yet.

"Hey!"Angelo said with a smile on his face, "How are ya?"

"Could be better, but I'm fine," Link said, sitting next to him. It was basically a free day in astronomy since everyone had been focused on homecoming.

Angelo nodded. "That's good. Well, I mean, I want you to be better than fine, but you know. . ." He said quietly.

They were both silent for a moment. Angelo had to think about how to steer the conversation to the comic.

"Oh! Um. . . I made this comic strip and I really want you to read it!" Angelo said, uncovering the comic strip and giving it to him.

Link looked at the comic strip, and smiled when he saw that the drawings were supposed to be him and Angelo. And he read it quietly.

"I know I can be real work sometimes, and I don't know 'ow you deal with me," Link read. This was the drawing of Angelo speaking. "It's because you're my best friend, " He spoke. This was himself speaking now.

Angelo listened to him read it. He tried to avoid smiling, because if he did, he might ruin the whole thing.

"And you're my best friend, too," Link read, "And I'll always remember the good times we 'ad. Yeah, but can't we make more memories together?"

Angelo couldn't help but to smile just a little bit. He was getting closer to the end of it.

"Of course we will," He said quietly, "Which was why I wanted to ask you. . ."

Link then paused as he saw the last comic box that was on the paper. It said, 'Will you go to homecoming with me?' with little hearts surrounding it, and Angelo's signature had been on the bottom of it.

He had the biggest smile on his face, and the cutest giggle escaped from his lips.

"I'd love to go to 'omecoming with you, ya big dork," Link answered, playfully nudging his arm.

Angelo's smile had grown. He was so happy that Link wanted to go with him. He was about to say something, but then the bell rang.

"I gotta go, but call me later, 'kay?" Angelo asked him, and Link nodded.

"Of course! I'll see ya later!" Link said to him, before walking out of the class.

Angelo walked out of the building happy as could be.

He felt like the happiest person alive right now.