Chapter four - who are you?

A loud knock woke Jacob out of his slumber. Panicked, he grabbed the closest thing to him to use as a weapon. He quietly walked to the door and peered out the peephole. A man with dirty blond hair, and blue eyes stood there. He looked young maybe thirties? He wore a suit, which is very suspicious as this isn't the best part of town. He knocked one again. With the chain in place, Jacob hesitantly opened the door.

"What?" Jacob crocked out, trying to sound intimating, instead his voice cracked, and sounded horse. "Hello, I'm Mr. Porter, I-  I knew your dad, I'm sorry about what h-" Jacob closed the door in his face. "Wait" the mysterious man yelled. Jacob didn't want anything to do with his father. The man then knocked again "Please just let me explain" was heard muffled from the door. Jacob creaked the door open again "What the fuck do you want?" This time his voice is stern.

"I want to offer you a room" Mr. Porter said sheepishly.

"For what?"

"I- just please, let me help. It's the Least I can do"

"I don't need your help, I don't even know you, So what makes you think you can just walk on over here and try to make things better, when you know NOTHING?" Jacob's eyes stayed glaring onto his, filled with anger.

Mr. Porter sighed. " I know this won't fix things, but please trust me, I just want to help" Mr. Porter then proceeded to reach in his pocket, and pull out some rolled up cash. He placed it in between the door crack in an attempt to had it to him. Jacob just laughed.

"Money isn't going to make me trust you, it only makes me more suspicious."  Jacob one again slammed the door in his face, and locked both the top and bottom lock. He gazed over to the Grandfather clock, three pm. Dazed, Jacob decided to take a shower. He took off his clothes and entered. The warm water, grazed his body. He just stood there, forgetting how to do basic things. His mind is so occupied with other things, more important than a shower.

He sloppily rubbed soaped everywhere and rinsed off. Carefully dressing himself in some other clothes. He walked back to the living and adjusted the fallen TV. He sat back down at the couch, numb mindless flipping through channels. His stomach grumbled, but he had no appetite. His thoughts wandered to Katie. 'Is she okay?' is all Jacob wanted to know. He was left in the dark, not knowing much about the situation.

A soft knock was heard on the door again. Jacob ready to tell this Mr. porter off again, opened the door only to reveal a paper taped to the door. It's from the landlord. It stated that if a payment of seven-hundred dollars wasn't paid by August first the residents would have to be removed. Jacob remembered the man and his money, and started to regret not taking it. Jacob  walked over to the dark hallway he stood in front of his door. His tumbling hand reached the door knob. He of course didn't want to enter, but all his belongings resided there.

With a deep breath, he shoved the door open. To his dismay the blood still sat there. He reached over to his bed and grabbed a blanket. He tossed it in the air still holding it, and it slowly fell over the stain. He just stared at it, he sat down on his twin bed, to the direction of the blanket. A knot in his through begun to show its self. Without thinking, he grabbed an old backpack and stuffed some clothing into it, as well as some other necessities. Leaving everything else behind. He then casually threw it onto the couch in the living room. 

Jacob decided on heading out tomorrow to who knows where, before then he forced himself to eat something as his stomach growled, and he is starting to feel light-headed. He opened the fridge and saw some left overs of his favorite meal. He could not bring himself to eat it. Instead, he found some hot pockets, he made two and gobbled it up. Soon after he slept back on the couch ready for tomorrow to start.