Chapter twelve

Jacob stifter dumbfounded he really wasn't expecting anything like this. It's the first time someone threw him a surprise party. Mr Porter also looked a bit surprised he turned to Jacob and said "happy birthday" in a soft tone.

"How did you know?"

"I overheard from the social worker" Mr. Porter said. Before disappearing off. The room was filled with random people that Jacob didn't even know. He recognized some of the caretakers but that was about it. Luis,Marie, and Rebecca all came up to him.

"I invited a few friends hope you don't mind" Rebecca stated.

"Yeah just a few" Marie rolled her eyes.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Jacob said softly. "No problem." Marie said with a smile.

Marie headed back to where her friends were, a small group of three people who were wearing all black. Rebecca handed Jacob a red cup. He smelled it, its alcohol with Kool aid? He took a sip. Rebecca trailed off back to where her friends were leaving him and Luis there.

Before Luis could say anything a tall boy wrapped his arm arm around him. Luis looked up to reveal his friend. He's tall, muscular, and has dark hair and eyes.

"Ah, you must be tha birthday boy, Jacob?" He asked.

"Yeah" Jacob said a bit taken aback.

"This is my friend, Troy" 

"Well itsa nice to meet cha, Jacob" Troy said with my hand out. Jacob placed his hand in his and Troy roughly shook it. Troy then pulled Lewis back to their friend group. "All be back" Luis said with a smile on his face.

With the loud pop music playing, and the dim lights and people everywhere, Jacob begin to feel a bit dissociated. There was no one there, besides the three that he could talk too and they were busy. He felt quite lonely actually. Jacob decided to head up to his room were hopefully it's quieter.

He sat on his bed as he sighed, still hearing the muffled pop music. He remembered Mr. Porter and how weird he was acting. But soon his thoughts trailed off to Katie. A big smile rose on his face. That's by far the best birthday gift somebody has ever given to Jacob. Jacob brought out his cracked iPhone four, and started playing some games. 

All of a sudden Rebecca opened the door momentarily, the music became louder.

"Hey why aren't you out there? It's your birthday after all" 

Jacob just shrugged not knowing what to say.

" Um, what is that?" Rebecca said pointing to Jacobs phone.

"My phone"

She picked it up and looked over it like if it was some sort of rare crystal.

"Dude, this is so old you know we are on 11 right?"

"I know, I just can't afford one"

Rebecca looked a bit confused "what do  you mean?"

Jacob ponder to himself, of course she doesn't know what 'not affording something' means. He trailed back his words.

"I'm just too lazy to go and get one"

"That's good then" she said as she gave Jacob a little box "it's your present from me"

"Oh you don't h-"

"Well I already did, so just open it up"

Jacob carefully unwrapped the wrapping paper surrounding the box. It's an iPhone eleven. His eyes widened as he knew how much these cost (1,000$ btw).

"It's locked so all you have to do is transfer your sims card, and I put my phone number on there"

"Thanks, but I-I can't keep this"

"Well that's just too bad, no returns" Rebecca lied. She really wanted to give this to him.  She said next to Jacob on his bed a little too close. She looked into Jacob's eyes, she placed her hand on the side of his cheek and leaned closer, eyes closed.

Before Jacob could push her away the door swung open."Oh, I'm s-sorry." Luis said with Troy awkwardly standing behind him. "Wait it's not w-" He shut the door as quickly as he opened it. Rebecca's face turned red. She got up and walked backwards to the door and left without a word.

Jacob wanted to clear this misunderstanding as soon as possible. He wasn't sure why, but he needed to do this now. He rushed out the door to try to find Luis. He looked everywhere, the kitchen the living room, dining room, you name it. He even went into some places he wasn't familiar with.

He opened one room, it looked like a small office in the corner there was some brown packages. And there was papers everywhere. "What are you doing?" Jacob jumped up, not expecting to hear that. "Sorry I was looking for Luis" Mr.Porter looked a bit angry. Jacob has been living here for a month, and he has never seen Mr. Porter angry.

Jacob once again apologized."He's probably in his room" Mr. Porter spoke. Jacob nodded and headed back that way, cursing himself where else would he be? He also grew a bit more suspicious of Mr.  Porter why was he so angry about him entering that room. Jacob walked up the crowded stairs and knocked on Luis's door.