Chapter seven - settling in

Jacob awkwardly sat between Mr.Porter and Luis. "Hm, who is this?" One of the girls asked. She had bleach blonde hair and tan skin. There is also another girl sitting next to her, and they look the same. Their styles are completely different, but they had the same face. The girl who spoke had a pink tank top, with torn bluejeans. The other had pale skin and black hair. Unlike the girl with blonde hair, she wore all black, excluding the red logo on her shirt.

"This is Jacob, he will be staying with us for a while. These are my daughters, Rebecca and Marie." Mr. Posted spoke up.

"Hi, I'm Rebecca" the girl in pink spoke with her hand out. Jacob awkwardly shook her hand. Rebecca has her eyes all over him. This made Jacob a little uncomfortable, but he just brushed her off.

"Nice to meet you, Jacob. If you don't mind me asking, why are you staying with us?" Marie said. Luis seemed to be interested in this question.

Mr. Porter nervously chuckled. "Well, you see... it's complicated" he scratched the nape of his neck. Just in time, a butler came out with a silver platter filled with food. He placed each plate in front of everyone, the first being Jacob. It'sIt's chicken with green noodles and vegetables. As they consumed the food, it was silent which Jacob didn't mind.

After they finished getting eating, the butler came and took their plates. Just when Jacob thought they were finished, the same butler came out with another silver platter. He placed a beautifully decorated glass, full of ice cream in front of everyone. Jacob's eyes lit up, he's a sucker for sweets. Everyone hastily gobbled up the yummy goodness. "Jacob, remember to be ready tomorrow morning." Jacobs's content aura turned into a depressed one. For a moment, he forgot all about the heartache.

He silently nodded as he fell back into the seat. Mr. Porter's phone rang, he stepped out to answer it. "So, Jacob, what do you do for fun?" Rebecca asked. Jacob pondered for a few seconds.

"I guess I like drawing"

"Awe that's so lame, don't cha like going to parties, or drinking a bit?" Jacob just shrugged at her response. Trying to get him interested again, Rebecca moved seats next to Jacob, where Mr. Porter sat. "Well then maybe you can draw me like one of your french girls." She said in a seductive tone. That made every at the table uncomfortable.

Marie rolled her eyes. Jacob noticed the red logo on Marie's shirt. "You listen to slipknot?" He said, pointing to her shirt. She softly smiled.

"Yeah, they are one of my favorites" 

Rebecca pouted because she wasn't getting any attention. Soon Mr. Porter walked back in. "Sorry guys, I got to deliver a few things for work, Jacob, will you be okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine" Jacob truthfully stated, he started to feel more comfortable with everyone.

"Okay, I'll be back, call if you need anything"  

Jacob nodded. With that, he grabbed his blazer and walked off.

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Marie suggested. 

"Okay" Luis agreed. Jacob and Rebecca also approved. They walked off into the living room with the TV. They all sat down near each other. The foe leather felt cold against Jacobs's skin, giving him a slight shiver. They ended up watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, even though it was neither Halloween or Christmas.

(Sorry for the short chapter, I'll make it up in the next one, I promise! 💕)