Chapter 3//🧐

"M-Mr Park? Are you okay?"

Mr Kwan flinched at Jimin's stomping steps and slamming doors. It is rare to see him all fired up and ready to punch a wall but Mr Kwan had an idea of what triggered his boss.

"Another contract marriage?"

Mr Kwan gently placed a cup hot choco on Jimin's table. Seeing the young man frustrated state, he knew just how to cheer him up.

"Mr Kwan, when will they leave me alone..."

Jimin laid his forehead on the table and sighed. Mr Kwan gently pushed cup further away from the Jimin's head incase he decided to roll his head around in annoying, like usual.

"Well, to be honest with you, I don't know. I mean, it's hard to tell them off when a rich, intelligent,young man is sitting alone on Valentines Day"

Mr Kwan tenderly patted Jimin's back when he groaned in defeat. Mr Kwan suddenly frown in curiosity and sat in front of Jimin.

"So...mind telling me why you're turning them down? Considering the offers includes more conglomerates, power and have you seen their daughters?"

Jimin shot Mr Kwan a glare as he joked. But Mr Kwan really had no clue why Jimin would turn away from such pleasant deal and a young man like him deserve everything after all the hard work he had done.

"Because....because they're not her..."

Jimin dropped his head and whispered, not loud enough for Mr Kwan to hear. He couldn't tell him, he can't have the only person who cares about him despise him. He was scared to be alone again, alone with those nightmares.

"Huh? Pardon me but I didn't quite-"

*RING RING*

The men were startled by the loud ringing from Mr Kwan's table. He rushed out to pick up the phone like a good secretary he is. After awhile, he peeked through the gap of Jimin office's door and mouthed
They're here. Before leaving, presumably to pick the visitors up from the gate.

Jimin stood up and checked himself in the mirror before his meeting with Mr Kim, a new partner.
Smoothing out his messy hair and straightening his blazer, he sat still and look pretty while waiting for the guest.

Soon, chattering inched closer from outside his office and he knew Mr Kim brought along his assistant/secretary. But when he heard a female voice, his ears twitched like wolf.

It sounded familiar. Too familiar. He slightly leaned over to hear clearer. The voice was deep and hoarse, like it came from a sore throat. It had a hint of impatience and boredom, maybe from the 'men talk' she's been involved in. Her voice was monotoned and emotionless, the depth of her voice increase when Mr Kwan asked her to stay for dinner. And a deep 'no' was her answer.

Jimin still couldn't put his finger on it, he still couldn't figure out who's voice was it. He had been listening for a long time since his wolf's ears were able to pick up the sounds when they're still at the corridor. He noticed the chattering didn't accompany by any heels clicking sounds that either means she wasn't wearing heels or she was walking gracefully.

The chattering continued outside Jimin's office as Mr Kim chatted with Mr Kwan happily. Jimin wasn't angry about since he was too engrossed in figuring out the owner of the voice.

"Mr Kim, the meeting."

Jimin flinched at the cold female voice. Who talks to their boss like that? He thought but clearly Mr Kim wasn't bothered about it since he just laughed and said 'okay grumpy'.