Chapter 16//🍦

"Mommy, where's my-"

"It's in your closet."

"Thank you, mommy~"

Hana's pattering footsteps faded away as she walked back into her room to get dressed for school. And as usual, she would ask the same question and Riley got used to it.

Riley stayed in the kitchen preparing breakfast for her three favorite people with that being Scarlet, Jungkook and of course her Hana.

"Breakfast's ready!"

Her announcement led to thundering footsteps down the stairs and finally a heavy plopping down a the chair. A small grin tugged her lips knowing exactly who was that. Or rather who were that.

"NOT FAIR JUNGKOOK!"

"Only because you're slow doesn't mean it's unfair"

"But you ALWAYS get to sit beside Riley!"

"Well-"

A plate of aromatic bacon and eggs with bun slide between the quarreling kids and separated them.

"Now now, Jungkook, Scarlet have been losing your 'race to my side' challenge. So why don't you be a kind boy and let her sit beside me for today, hm?"

Riley ruffled Jungkook's black locks and smiled warmly at him while Scarlet poked her tongue out and teased him. Even though Jungkook is 23 years old man, it didn't stop him from calling dips on the chair beside Riley and challenged Scarlet is now their daily routine.

At the dining table, Riley is seated at the end of the table with Hana's seat fixed on her right side. That leaves the seat on her left side open for business and that's where Jungkook and Scarlet have their race at.

"You're lucky to have Riley here or else Imma whoop your tiny ass"

Jungkook glared at Scarlet before he reluctantly left Riley's side and sat on the further chair. Scarlet plopped down at his previous seat and dangled her legs happily.

"Morning, Uncle Kook, morning Scarlet unnie"

Hana's pattering feet caught everyone attention and the adults cooed at her in her white and red uniform. Her ponytail was messily put up but effort was visible.

Since Hana's birth, Riley knew life isn't going to be an ordinary one for both her and Hana. Having financial struggles, Riley knew she had to get Hana to be independent as soon as possible while she finds multiple jobs at a time. She can't afford to stay home all day to take care of Hana like the moms she had encountered previously.

All those independent parenting took a toll on Riley's old bubbly self and turned her to be a strong yet cold stone woman. She had to protect Hana and herself in the cruel world so her cold demeanor did her good as well.

Nonetheless, Riley still have her three loves who are the lucky ones to still be treated like babies by her, even though one of them is only two years younger than the woman.

"Riley, I'm staying over at my friend's to finish our assignment so I won't be back until tomorrow night."

Scarlet mumbled with her scrambled eggs stuffed mouth, earning a hum and nod from the mentioned girl as Riley cared for Hana while she eats.

"My team and I are requested to an important event, so I won't be around til midnight"

Riley halted her hand which was wiping Hana's mouth and glanced the two.

"And I'm attending a wedding tonight..."

Everyone's attention landed on the clueless girl who just munched away her bacon while humming with puffy cheeks and moon crescent eyes.