Chapter 28//💍

🔝listen to the song while reading🔝( Serendipity)

Stinging pain. That was the only thing he felt the moment his eyes battered opened. He hissed at the burning sensation from an unknown part of his body. His fingers slowly and gently graced across his body, neck and soon his face where he succeeded in finding the source of the pain.

He hissed louder when his finger accidentally brushed the bridge of his nose. His eyes joined together in the middle where he tried to figure out what happened to his swollen nose.

"You look like when I got hit by the volleyball back in high school"

He flinched at the sudden hoarse voice and whipped his head to his side where it came from. There sat a blankly looking Riley with arms and legs crossed.

In a flash, all the memories from the date night rushed into his mind making him dizzy. Seeing her lover struggled, Riley sighed and attended to the groaning man who held his head in his palm.

She gently slapped his hands away and replaced them with her before massaging his temples to soothe the headache.

"Jimin....sorry..."

The mentioned man frowned at her sudden apology.

"For what?"

"For....breaking your nose..."

Upon hearing her confession, Jimin's eyes widened when he came to realization. That's right, Riley wrecked his nose when landing a stone punch on his nose that even sent him into unconsciousness which she slightly felt guilty for but then again, he ran away for 7 years so yeah.

"You?! You did this?!"

Jimin wiggled his finger in front of his nose but earned a slap at the back of his head causing his nose to stung again. With teary eyes squinted and hissing, he glanced at the sulking woman beside him.

"Says the one who left me for 7 years....the one who left his daughter...."

Riley quickly looked away as she felt her eyes burning when tears sneaked in. A loud gasp was heard behind her indicating the man's realization.

"R-Riley I-I..."

"Why did you do it?"

She finally looked at him and his heart broke for the millionth time. Those teary eyes held so many unexplainable pain and suffering that he wished to carry on his own but he didn't, instead he added more onto them.

"I'm so sorry, I was a coward, I was scared of losing you when I saw you-"

"No Jimin. Why did you went to her? Why did you walk across the field to your father and your mate"

Her voice deepened with gritted teeth when she mentioned Ora. The psychopathic mate was the mastermind behind all of this and that scares the crap out of everyone.

Riley remembered vividly the way Jimin left her side and went to the mate without even glancing back. Now that she got every drop of her memories, she wanted to erase them again because the pain in her chest was even more agonizing than when she don't remember it.

She felt every pang of stabs now as if she was brought back to the scene and replayed it over and over again.

"Wasn't I enough? Do you...do you not love me back then?"

Her question caused the man to jolt from his laying posture to embracing her tightly. Even with the headache and broken nose, Jimin didn't hesitate to snuggle his face into her soft locks.