Megalograptus

Megalograptus was a large sea scorpion that inhabited the oceans of the Ordovician. It didn't have pincers or a venomous stinger like its land relatives, rather its arms were covered with chelicerae used to help it dig up animals that were hiding in the sand. As for its tail, it ended with large prehensile claws that were used to grab its struggling prey. It also had a pair of legs that ended in a paddle-like shape which it would have used to help it swim through the oceans of its time.

 It also had a pair of legs that ended in a paddle-like shape which it would have used to help it swim through the oceans of its time

Diet: Marine life of the time period.

Casualties: One octopus, one hermit crab, one grouper and a child's arm was badly damaged by one of the Megalograptuses.

Cause of Death: One of the two was torn apart when it was hit by a speedboat, the engine's propellers cut through the Megalograptus's exoskeleton and organs killing it instantly.

Anomaly incident: Two Megalograptuses swam through an anomaly that opened at a beachfront resort on one of the Hawaiian islands.

The ARC team was dispatched to the island.

On arrival the team discovered the torn up remains of an octopus washed up on the beach.

Meanwhile one of the Megalograptuses had buried itself in the sand near a popular location for swimmers.

The second was soon found by the ARC team, as it was feeding on a grouper that had seemingly been dragged onto the beach for the sea scorpion to eat in peace.

The ARC team tried to catch the huge sea scorpion, but it continuously tried to slash them with its arms and tail, but eventually one of the team members was able to grab the Megalograptus's tail, with the help of an animal catch pole. The ARC team was soon able to drag the enraged arthropod into a cage and began to head off toward the location of the anomaly.

Upon arrival, the team released the sea scorpion back into the water, the Megalograptus swam back through the anomaly.

Meanwhile a hermit crab walked over the other Megalograptus that was still buried under the sand, the large creature bursted out of its hiding place and easily broke through the hermit crab's shell and into the animal's body killing it.

The sudden burst of sand and water was not unnoticed. A young girl who was swimming in the area saw the cloud of sand in the water and began to swim towards it.

When she got close to the Megalograptus, the sea scorpion lashed out at her. The creature's chelicerae (the spikes on its arms) ripped up the girl's arm, causing her to scream. Soon the girl's parents and other nearby swimmers rushed over to the crying child as the Megalograptus swam away from the chaos that it had started.

Later the ARC team heard about the incident and began to search for the other Megalograptus.

They eventually tracked down the Megalograptus to some nearby docks, but before they were able to catch it, a speedboat hit the sea scorpion and the engine's propellers sliced the arthropod into multiple pieces.

No more creatures came through the anomaly after that.