Therizinosaurus

This creature was requested by shyreaper108, hope you enjoy it.

Therizinosaurus is one of the strangest dinosaurs ever to have existed. It lived in Asia at the very end of the Cretaceous. It was a theropod and yet it was a herbivore rather than a carnivore like the other theropods. And it had the longest claws of any living creature, living or dead.

 And it had the longest claws of any living creature, living or dead

Diet: Plants and possibly invertebrates.

Code name:Originally known as the Riesenklauentier by the locals, but changed to Kruger for obvious reasons.

Casualties: None, but nearly decapitated a man.

Anomaly incident: An anomaly opened near a small village on the edge of a forest in Germany.

A Therizinosaurus crossed through the anomaly and proceeded to head deeper into the forest as the anomaly closed behind it.

For the next few months the village residents have been seeing and reporting sightings of a creature with a long neck, a body shaped like a barrel and giant claws, but in reality it was the Therizinosaurus who was now trapped in modern day Germany.

The villagers began to call this strange creature the Riesenklauentier or giant clawed beast.

News soon spread throughout the area and many hunters, scientists and the ARC heard of it.

When they arrived they found the village and forest full of men and women, all hoping to either kill or capture the Riesenklauentier for their own reasons.

The ARC team knew that they would have to find the Riesenklauentier before anyone else did and hurt it or themselves.

As the day came and went with no sign of the Riesenklauentier the ARC team set up camp for the night, but during the night something could be heard not too far away from the campsite and soon they could hear the creature breathing next to the tents. One of the team members slowly opened their tent and saw a Therizinosaurus, the last few weak embers from their fire giving a reddish tinge to its body.

As the ARC team was about to tranquilize the Therizinosaurus a shot rang out through the night. The Therizinosaurus roared as it ran away its claws tearing through the tent's fabric and nearly killing the man inside.

The ARC team confronted the hunter, shouting at him that he could have killed one of them.

After that the ARC team followed the blood trail the Therizinosaurus left behind thanks to the bullet hole in its left shoulder.

The Therizinosaurus was found later by the bank of a pond laying on the ground breathing heavily.

With the help of a helicopter the ARC team was able to airlift the large creature to a clearing where it was loaded onto a truck and brought back to the ARC facility where it underwent a surgery to remove the bullet and patch up its shoulder. The Therizinosaurus is now healthy and getting used to its new home.

Therizinosaurus incident 1: during a powerful rainstorm a bolt of lightning struck the part of the facility where Kruger's holding pen was placed causing the doors to malfunction and making them open allowing him to escape.

It took four hours for the workers to lure the Therizinosaurus back into his holding pen. In the process of rounding Kruger up, he ate multiple decorative plants and left a lot of deep scratches on the wall and floors.