Dinopithecus

Dinopithecus means terrible ape, and besides the fact that it was a baboon and not an ape, the name is pretty accurate. Dinopithecus was twice as large as the largest species of modern day baboons although its exact size is unknown do to the lack of well preserved fossils. Dinopithecus lived in what is now known as Africa during the Paliocene from 5 to 2 million years ago. This means that it would have lived along side some of our earliest ancestors such as Australopithecus.

 This means that it would have lived along side some of our earliest ancestors such as Australopithecus

Diet: Plants, grasses, roots, insects, small to medium sized creatures and carcasses. Basically the same thing as modern day baboons.

Casualties: One man and viciously mawled another.

Cause of death: Two were shot and one fell to its death.

Anomaly incident: An anomaly opened in the Michigan Theater Parking Garage in Detroit and a troop of Dinopithecuses came through it.

Meanwhile at the ARC facility traces of the anomaly appeared on the monitors and an ARC team was quickly dispatched to its location.

Back in the Michigan Theater Parking Garage the Dinopithecuses were making themselves at home in the building when they were discovered by a man who was just trying to get back to his car.

Unfortunately the giant baboons were curiously investigating the automobile and were not dispersing much to the owner's frustration.

The man began to shout at the prehistoric monkeys to try to get them to scatter. But instead of backing away from the car the troop started to screech and reveal their gigantic canines at the man.

When the man only continued to act in a hostile manner towards the troop a huge 1.5 meter tall alfa male charged at him. The Dinopithecus collided with the man and knocked him down before it started to mercilessly pummel the aggressor against the floor with its fists.

Before the man could do anything to defend himself two more prehistoric baboons joined the troop's leader in the attack.

As the battle continued the excited screams of the Dinopithecus troop filled the building and caught the attention of the other drivers who were inside the parking garage.

Finally the Dinopithecuses threw the man over the railing and he fell to the ground floor where he was killed instantly.

When the ARC team arrived at the anomaly's location they found the Michigan Theater Parking Garage crawling with police officers who had been called in to investigate the incident that had recently taken place.

As they entered the building they found some cops gathered around something. When they were allowed to get a closer look at the object they found out that it was the body of a Dinopithecus that had been shot down by one of the officers when it had attacked him. Team leader (********) remarked the prehistoric baboon's size by stating "That's one big monkey."

Before anyone else could say anything about the discovery a scream was heard coming from the floor above them.

Quickly the ARC team and police officers sprinted up to the second floor to find an officer on the ground being mawled by a Dinopithecus that had jumped on his back with its massive fangs sunk deep into his shoulder.

Before anyone else could react an officer let out two shots from her hand gun at the large monkey and its body quickly went limp.

The ARC team and cops continued searching the Michigan Theater Parking Garage for the remaining Dinopithecuses and the anomaly.

When they arrived near the anomaly they heard loud screams and chattering coming from the rafters above them. When they looked up they were met with the angry expressions of the Dinopithecus troop.

Quickly the Dinopithecuses lept down to meet the investigators of their new territory face to face.

A fight soon began between the troop and humans. The ARC team used the butts of their guns to knock the giant baboons away from them and toward the anomaly, but while zoologist (*****) had his back turned a large female Dinopithecus jumped onto his back and tried to bite him.

Quickly he threw himself against the railings and the giant baboon loosened its grip. (*****) did this four more times before the Dinopithecus let go, but when it did the large monkey lost its balance and went over the railing with a loud crashing sound being heard a few seconds later.

Soon the rest of the Dinopithecus troop was forced back through the anomaly with the portal soon closing behind them.

The bodies of the three Dinopithecuses that didn't survive are currently being stored in the cold storage of the ARC facility.