Guanlong and Monolophosaurus

Guanlong is one of the most interesting and important dinosaurs to have ever existed, for this crested dragon is the ancestor of the mightiest dinosaur of them all, Tyrannosaurus Rex. Unlike its descendants, Guanlong was not at the top of the food chain, instead it would have been spending most of its time either hunting small animals or hiding from the larger predators that roamed the forests of Jurassic China 160 million years ago.

Male

Female

Female

Diet: Small animals and carcasses

Code name: The Emperor and The Empress.

Casualties: none, but may have been the cause of death for a Monolophosaurus.

Monolophosaurus was a medium sized carnivorous dinosaur that lived in China during the Jurassic period from 166 to 160 million years ago. Monolophosaurus is best known for its singular crest that runs along its snout, the reason for this adaptation is still unknown to this day, but the most accepted theory is that the Monolophosaurus used its crest in displays to attract a mate or to repel a rival.

 Monolophosaurus is best known for its singular crest that runs along its snout, the reason for this adaptation is still unknown to this day, but the most accepted theory is that the Monolophosaurus used its crest in displays to attract a mate or ...

Diet: Small to large animals.

Casualties: One woman.

Cause of death: Mortally wounded when a geyser erupted from under it.

Anomaly incident: An anomaly opened in Rotorua, New Zealand and a pair of Guanlong crossed through it before running into the forest.

Meanwhile the ARC facility picked up the traces of the anomaly and sent an ARC team to go deal with it.

Back in Rotorua, a woman who was hiking came across the anomaly. As she began to take pictures of the anomaly a Monolophosaurus came through it.

The woman tried to get away from the Theropod, but was quickly cornered by the curious Monolophosaurus and a steep drop in to the water below her.

The scared woman jumped off the hill and landed in the water, but when she jumped she broke her leg on the river bed.

The scent of blood caused the Monolophosaurus to become exited and was now seeing the injured woman as prey.

The Monolophosaurus made its way down to its prey that was now on the shore. Quickly the Monolophosaurus grabbed the helpless woman in its jaws and began to drag her into the forest.

As the Monolophosaurus was feeding, the Guanlongs were hiding in a cluster of bushes and ferns looking at the people who were walking past them.

Meanwhile the ARC team had arrived at Rotorua and began heading towards the anomaly's coordinates.

As they continued their search they saw that there were a lot of people searching for a missing person. They helped them with the search as they continued their way towards the anomaly.

As they got closer to the anomaly they couldn't help but notice a putrid smell emanating from a large group of ferns. Upon investigating the smell the ARC team found the half eaten remains of the missing hiker.

Before they could report their findings the anomaly's signature disappeared signifying that it had now closed and trapped the mystery predator in the twenty-first century.

After they broke the news about the hiker's fate they got a report of a pair of strange creatures near the geysers.

When the ARC team got to the geysers they found the Guanlongs wandering about the place.

The ARC team was about to tranquilize the pair when suddenly the Monolophosaurus bursted out of the forest and began to attack the Guanlongs.

The ARC team tried to tranquilize all three of them, but with all the steam coming from the geysers and dust that was getting kicked up it proved to be impossible to get a clear shot in.

Then the male Guanlong jumped over a geyser. The Monolophosaurus was right behind it and about to grab the crested dragon, when the geyser it was now over erupted out from under it.

The high blast of water burned the Monolophosaurus and caused it to fall over, breaking some of its ribs and causing them to puncture one of its lungs. The wounded predator soon got up and limped away from the scene.

The ARC team was able to tranquilize the Guanlongs and bring them back to the ARC facility. The Monolophosaurus's dead body would be found a few hours later after it died of its injuries.

Guanlong incidents 1 to 8: The pair of Guanlongs have been known to steal random objects from their keepers that ranged from stealing the key cards to their holding pen, taking another's glasses, a shoe, a hat, a pencil, a necklace, a pair of gloves and the wedding ring of their main handler.