Halloween Special, Puppeteer Spider

Happy Halloween everyone! This is the time of the year where we celebrate monsters, ghosts and other creatures of the night. Now usually I don't celebrate Halloween, but because I know that most of you are currently cooped up within your house because of Covid 19, I decided to bring Halloween to you with this special chapter.

Arachnophobes beware, spiders will be involved in this chapter.

Still here? Well if you are let's begin.

The Puppeteer Spider, also known as the Trick or Treater Spider, Skin Walker Spider or Skinning Spider, is a massive descendant of the modern day Golden Orb Weaver Spider. It will inhabit South America 181 million years from now.

This future spider can grow to have a 2-meter or 6-foot leg span and can grow to a height of 1 meter or 3 feet. And if that wasn't enough, it is armed with 3-inch long fangs that can pierce through an inch of skin and muscle allowing it to easily inject its prey with its fast acting venom.

A single bite from the Trick or Treater Spider has enough venom to kill a creature as large as a Cape Buffalo in only five minutes.

Unlike its ancestors of today, the Skinning Spider cannot produce silk to build webs. Instead it has evolved a much more unique and terrifying hunting method.

After catching and killing an animal it will proceed to extract all of the nutrients from the body. Once the body is nothing more than a husk it will make an incision along the corpse's stomach. After that it will proceed to climb inside of the animal's body and use it as a disguise that will allow it to approach its prey without being detected.

Yet if it is discovered to be an impostor or it feels that it is in danger, this giant arachnid will throw its costume as a distraction. This will usually be sufficient to confuse its enemies long enough for it to make its escape.

 This will usually be sufficient to confuse its enemies long enough for it to make its escape

(Picture made by myself.)

Color: Dark green exoskeleton, brownish green markings on its back and black fangs and mandibles.