The Heartbreak Part 2

A piercing scream cut through the air. Ladybug jumped. It sounded an awful lot like Chat. She had better go check it out.  

Swinging through the air, she heard the scream again- but louder this time. It was coming from the top of the Eiffel tower. She could barely make out someone at the top- just barely. Swinging faster, Ladybug lassoed the top of the Eiffel tower and swung on top. Before she could look around, someone thumped her across the head. Her eyes started to close, but before the person (X?) could snatch her earrings, Ladybug's yo-yo unraveled from the top of the tower, and she fell. 

Her eyes flickered shut as she free-fell down, 

                                                                                     down, 

                                                                                          down.  

*Chat POV* 

Chat was stuck. He was very much and truly stuck. On one hand, he had found X. On another hand, she had found him first

"Come out, come out wherever you are! You know, I don't have all day." X was walking through the streets, her aura giving off the sense of fear, clearing all the civilians in her path. Chat peeked out from the window he was behind, and finally caught a glimpse of the villain. 

Unlike most villains, X had style (he should know). She wore a black strapless dress with a black choker encircling her neck and a shattered, glittery heart adorning the choker. A black mini skirt with faint designs of hearts was encircled by a black belt, cinching her waist. Her boots were black, with silver buckles securing them in place. But the most interesting part of her outfit was the fact that it resembled one of Gabriel Agreste's designs- the "Shattered Heart" ensemble that was modeled in Paris a bit ago. Chat was very intrigued by this, but by the time he regained his senses, X was nowhere to be found. 

Suddenly, a piercing scream rang out. Chat realized that X had disappeared. Sensing a trap, he slowly crept to the source. As he inched toward a museum that seemed as if a sound was protruding from it, he noticed a figure that looked slightly like someone he knew- Marinette.  

"Marinette?" The figure turned. "Marinette, what are you-" She disappeared. Literally. Chat looked around. What the heck just happened? 

Disturbing him from his confusion, Chat's phone-thing rang. "Hello?" 

"Hey Chat, it's me." 

"Ladybug?!"

"Yes, duh. I've caught the villain. You can go home now." 

"Wait, but-" Click. She hung up on him. 

Well, that was weird. He thought as he de-transformed. She could have at least said goodbye.  

Adrien walked home. Another call rang from Adrien's phone as he climbed up the stairs to his room.

"Hello?" 

"Adrien, it's Marinette's parents." 

"Oh, hi! How are you?" 

"Adrien, something-something terrible happened. Marinette- she's gone." 

Dun dun dun......

I know, it's been a while. I know, this is short. 

Expect another chapter by tomorrow- and another book I'm starting! It'll be out soon, so be on the lookout!

Hope everyone's healthy and staying safe!

<3 fandom_worshipper24