TWO

CHAPTER TWO;
practices & odd realizations

Seokjin would like to think that he knows his little brother. In fact, he was pretty sure that they were close. It obviously wasn't the kind of relationship Sunmi had with her sister, where they would share everything with each other, the good, the bad, the extremely detailed and very gross (in his opinion) experiences with their significant others. But he still felt like they were good enough. They were as close as two brothers in the Kim family could be.

And although they didn't know each others breathing patterns, and weren't able to read each other's minds and shit like some siblings were able to do, he knew that something was definitely weird about the younger. He wasn't just talking about what came in result of Taehyungs outgoing personality. There was something else. And unless he was just being his normal paranoid-overthinking-anxious-self, he wanted to get to the bottom of it. The growing suspicion only greatened as he knew the boy was usually very open.

He was going to find out what was happening and he was going to find out now.. Okay, maybe not now. But soon! It was going to be soon.. Right after he finished drawing his study hall seating chart.
or maybe..after that?
...

Thinking back on the day he now realized contained behavior that could be considered a tad bit suspicious. He was walking into the living room, courtesy of his midnight paper-grading break. On the way to get a drink of water he noticed a pair of feet sticking up on the couch.

He scratched his head, walking over to their kitchen island. The younger must've had one of his night episodes again, couldn't sleep, and ended up eating a bag of Cheetos on the couch like usual. He opened his mouth to talk, before-

"Yeah, so I was like..what! She did noot say that! Did she really?" Taehyung announced loudly, as if the whole world was not asleep right now.

The older gulped down his water.

As if they were thinking the same thing, he paused. "Ah, I should be quiet. Hyung is asleep. Shhh." He stated, followed by a giggle.

"Yeah..he's such an old man." He giggled again, Jin watching as he kicked his feet up and down happily.

He decided that now would be a good time to clear his throat, so he did, seeing the boy jump confusedly was the highlight of his day. He looked at the older, and then to his phone, and then to the water that was held in his hands, then to his phone again, and then to Jin. His hair was stuck in different directions and cheeks blotchy. "Hyung." He stated.

His phone made a noise similar to that of someone's voice, and Taehyung looked back down. "I gotta go." He whispered. Jin heard a faint kissy noise, but he figured that it was probably just from the tv that wasn't on!

"How much did you hear?" Taehyung asked.

Seokjin wasn't really able to take him seriously with this look he was wearing, but he pretended to anyway. "Mm, not much. Just you insultingly calling me an old man." He said.

"Oh." He said. "Good." He whispered under his breath, but the older didn't seem to notice.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to go to bed then!" He announced loudly, forgetting all about how he was trying to keep quiet.