FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE;
Is it really school spirit?

Seokjin jumped out of the car with a sigh, making sure not to spill a drop of hot coffee onto his pants. That would be a tragedy he would not be able to get over. When Taehyung comes around the corner, he tries not to snort. "What? You don't like my representation of school spirit?"

His outfit was definitely showing much more than enough school spirit, and the older decides not to hold in his laugh any longer, especially with his large T-shirt showcasing their mascot with the cheesy catchphrase everyone's tired of hearing, striped shorts with the school colors very obvious and bright, and to top it all off, face paint to highlight his best feature (in his opinion.)

"Shut up, Hyung." Taehyung makes a face, sticking his tongue out just for the fun of it. "You're the one laughing, and yet I'm not the one who decided to bring my coffee in a porcelain mug."

Jin is about to protest, but Taehyung cuts him off. "That's gotta be illegal in some countries. What if a freaking bug falls in." He looks rather grossed out, and his brother decides to just tap out of the argument already, concluding that there was no point.

"What up with all of this, anyway?" He gestures to the entire.. outfit. "It's only practice for the homecoming game."

Taehyung clears his throat as if he's about to gush out an entire TedTalk. "That is right, but if you had remembered or checked the schedule that I put up on the bathroom mirror.." he raises his eyebrows. "You'd know that I have a very important dance meeting that night and won't be able to attend until later." Seokjin opens his mouth in realization. Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Even though I'll only be here for half the practice and half the actual game, two halves equal one whole right.." he smiles, before pulling a kazoo out of his pocket and blowing into it aggressively. The older was not expecting that, but he also wasn't surprised that it happened either.

"Now let's go!" He cheers into the air, making his way to the field with a bag of Doritos.

Seokjin shakes his head, watching his younger brother walk away like a maniac.

...

Seokjin gave out a detailed overview of what was happening. That included what would go on during halftime, when the cheerleaders would come out, and some other plays that they've used a few times before. "Alright, any questions?" He asks.

BamBam raises his hand, "I have one, coach." When he nods at him to go on, he directs his attention to the boy next to him. "Why is Taehyung dressed like that?"

Some of the guys laugh, Jeongukk just smiles. Before his brother can answer for him, Taehyung interjects. "It's for you guys, you stupid ungrateful shits! I'm being a very supportive cheerleader." He states, and while everyone seems amused by his answer, Seokjin cringes. "Taehyung, stop swearing."

He makes a face. "Whatever, Hyung." Before you know it, BamBam is asking another question. "You sure it's not for Guk—" In all chaos, Taehyung begins blabbering about something inaudible, while Jeongukk whacks his teammate in the stomach a little harder than intended. He wheezes out, the wind knocked out of him.

"What the hell?" Seokjin facepalms, before he's shaking his head with a face palm. "shi— never mind. On to the next play.."

Taehyung and Jeongukk let out a breath of relief. BamBam hunches over in pain.

A few minutes pass and they are standing in the same spots for God knows how long, before a few cheerleaders come out of the gym.

a/n: I never do authors notes in the middle of a story— but can I just share how pretty this emoji is: 📣 What the heck. It's so shiny.

One taps Seokjin on the shoulder, and he hums while looking at his clipboard. "Coach Kim, were supposed to go over our practice routine for halftime during the homecoming game."

"Ah—" he points a finger, snapping. "You're right, sorry." He begins gathering the guys up, gesturing for Jackson (who was taking a very long time to walk back from the bathroom) to sprint back.

"I'll go make them run laps—we'll get out of your way for now. Let your coach know that we'll be around if he needs me." The girls nods, thanking him before joining the others.

He turns to the rest of the team, including Jackson who was now very much here, as well as very out of breath.

"Let's go!" He blows his whistle, beckoning then to start running.

...

It was a while later, Taehyung was laying on the bleachers eating his bag of Doritos when he received a call. Struggling to pick it up with his cheese dust fingers, he cleared his throat. "Yes."

"What are you doing?" Jimin asks, getting straight to the point as usual. "Wow. No, "Hello Taehyung, how are you?" He scrunches his face up. "Rude."

"Shut up. You literally answered the phone with, "yes." Jimin imitated his voice in monotone, making the two of them laugh. "Whatever." Taehyung munches on another chip. "And to answer your question, I'm checking out my Jeongukkie as he runs laps around the football field with no shirt on." He says it with no hesitation, and honestly Jimin shouldn't be surprised.

He hums. "Sounds like you."

Taehyung agrees. "I know right. He's such a hottie." Jimin can hear his munching through the phone, but continues anyway. "So I'm assuming your at school?"

"Yeah. Why?" Taehyung asks boredly.

"Sorry to interrupt the best part of your day, but it seems that Jihoon wants to be an incredibly large pain in the ass." The blonde groans in response. "What does he want now?" Really, Taehyung wanted to know what could possibly be wrong now. "He insists that you come to the studio early to rehearse again. We all are."

At that, Taehyung groans dramatically again. "Ugh, fine!"

"Thank you, Tae." Jimin says from the other line, slightly monotone.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll be there in like 5."

...

I was originally just gonna write one long chapter but once I got to this point I realized it would be too long for me to write in one night. I'm just gonna post this much and then the next part whenever I finish it. 😂

—Cal