TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Space is normal

The next few weeks went by a little more comfortably than they usually did. Although it's not like all of Taehyung's problems were magically resolved, he felt better getting all that off of his chest.

Jeongukk was right, talking really did make him feel a lot better. He felt lucky to have him, so smart, but also so honest. With all of the things that have happened to him, he felt like everything would eventually be okay with him around.

happy wednesday, tae

His phone read after getting a beep notification. He smiled, beaming brightly at his boyfriends simple but sweet message.

They haven't been able to hang out a ton lately because test week was approaching, the football season was ending, and Taehyung's dance team was preparing for the final showcase. But even with all of that, they still found ways to talk to each other each day. Jeongukk would call when he got home from practice each night. The butterflies in Taehyung's stomach still stayed, even through the phone.

And that's what Taehyung thought of when he quickly typed back a response and went back to listening to his lecture.

...

"Yeah, but it could've been ten times worse. I rather have an awkward atmosphere than have a throw down everyday." Taehyung explained to Jimin as their dance practice finished and the topic of their awkward dance atmosphere came up.

"You know, instead of throwing it down you should just throw it back." Jimin raised his eyebrows, nudging Taehyung.

"You're ridiculous." Taehyung rolled his eyes, holding his duffle bag tightly.

"Maybe." He shrugged simply in response. They turned the corner to stop at the vending machine, and he waited as the blonde inserted a few coins into the machine.

Jimin began babbling about something that happened during lunch, mostly about how someone slipped on a piece of lettuce and ate it. However, Jimin cut himself off in the middle of the story.

"Hey. Isn't that Jeongukk?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, eyes focused on the boy who stood talking to a girl at her locker.

"Yeah." Taehyung peered over his shoulder momentarily, going back to staring hard at the snack choices as if it would help choose a snack for him.

"Don't you want to talk to him, you guys haven't seen each other in forever." Jimin tapped his fingers on the side of the machine.

"I talk to him plenty over the phone, Jimin. I'll also see him this weekend. I think we'll live."

"Am I the only one who's concerned?" The boy raised his eyebrows, running a hair through his newly dyed pink hair.

"Yes." Taehyung smiled finally, placing his two hands on the shoulders of his friend. "If you miss Jeongukk so much, maybe you should go talk to him."

"Ew." He gagged, watching him reach down and grab his bag of cheese-it's from the bottom. "As if, I'm just surprised you aren't all over him right now."

"I trust him, Jimin." Taehyung sighed, tugging the sides open. "I trust him a lot."

"Dr. Jung recommended that if I want to keep the things that are important to me, I should try to not be obsessing and stressing over them."

"I want us to last a long time, so I won't worry. I'll just trust, and I'll just chill." He shoved a cracker in his mouth then, turning around on his heels.