SIX

CHAPTER SIX:
A little bit jealous

Taehyung ran down from the bleachers, about to make his way into the gym before crossing paths with his very sweaty boyfriend. He tried to keep himself composed however, very determined to show up at his dance rehearsal like a badass, impress Jihoon so much that he either dies or poofs out of existence. He didn't really care which one, both were good enough for him.

"Hey, where you going?" Jeongukk asks, basically leading the three teammates next to him to tease and emphasize how clingy and annoying Jeongukk was. He punched the nearest one and Taehyung could tell that he was pretending to be unfazed by the contact. Jeongukk couldn't control his strength sometimes.

He turns his attention back to Taehyung, as if waiting for him to reply. "I have to go to practice." He pouts before clutching his duffle.

"Damn, is it one already?" He frowns at the thought, pulling Taehyung into an oddly angled hug. The others took that as their cue to leave. Taehyung smiled at the boys cuteness, but also furiously cursed the existence of his duffle bag which was the only thing standing in between him and Jeongukks chiseled abs. He sighs, his face slightly smushed into the lower part of his shoulder. "Apparently I need to be there early."

"You can't stay for a little longer? The cheerleaders are gonna do their full routine.. you know.. the one you're gonna miss during the homecoming game." He pulls away this time, giving him a hopeful look. His pointer finger traced circles on his upper back.

Upon seeing his face he felt all of his previous determination slip away and instantly knew what his answer would be. He did think it would be nice to see the routine after all, he was a big fan of their performances every year. "Okay." He beamed, coming to a final conclusion.

...

The cheerleaders finished their routine with a bang, about ten of them on the turf doing some sort of hard to do flip, while the rest of them formed a giant pyramid, holding one of the girls at the very top as she held a leg up.

Taehyung thought it was so cool.

"Omg, Jeongukkie—can you do that?" He joked as Jeongukk crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "Of course I can."

"Doing a backflip every third attempt on Jimins trampoline does not count." He stated, and received a strong glare from the boy next to him.

He giggled, standing up to stretch. Jeongukk did the same. "I should probably go now, it's been a little over five minutes." He announced, gathering his things.

"Me too." Jeongukk sent him a small smile, "I'll see you later." He hummed, and Taehyung nodded. Taehyung held his hand up for an awkward high-five and when Jeongukk saw he laughed loudly, but slapped his hand anyway. "Cutie."

"Shut up, Jeongukk." Taehyung scrunched his nose, pushing him towards the bleacher stairs. "—you stupid bitch." He probably shouldn't have been embarrassed but here he was, embarrassed and flustered.

"Okay, Okay I'll leave." Jeongukk snorted, as Taehyung pushed him onto the field. He ran towards the team, not before waving goodbye.

Taehyung let a puff of air leave his mouth, a section of hair from his bangs floating up like a skirt in the wind. Then he was walking towards the gym again, where he was supposed to in the first place. He had almost made it. Take note of almost.

But then he catches sight of one of the happy and nice cheerleaders, the cheerleaders that he has always admired for bringing so much cheerful-ness to their school. So, of course he can't let up the chance to shower one of them in endless complements. He shoots her a smile as she fills up her water bottle.

"Good job!" He throws one of his signature boxy smiles, when they hold eye contact. "You guys did so well today." She smiles at him in response, and Taehyung is so close to walking past her completely. So freaking close. His hand is on the door handle, before she mutters something. "Bet your boyfriend thought so, too."

He let his face drop, and then turns around on his heels. "What did you just say to me?" His expression shows that he's offended and that's mostly because he is.

She keeps her eyes on the water bottle cap that she was screwing on, and looks up shortly after. "Nothing." She takes a sip, and faces the field.

When Taehyung focuses on what she's looking at, trying to prevent himself from becoming a human version of a hyena (He had accidentally watched a video about them on the discovery channel and—man, they would fight to the death. They did not care!!)

One look and he already knew what her eyes were focused on. Jeongukk and all his muscled glory. They were only doing jumping jacks on the field, but he managed to look like a very expensive model. It was unfair, honestly.

With a huff, Taehyung pushed his way past the girl. He also made the realization that she was actually quite tall, but he didn't care. He also began concerning over how he might actually become a human hyena. A humayena, if you will.

But enough worrying about that, he was too angry to continue thinking. He ran over to the bleachers, searching through the piles of bags until he found the one blindingly clean one. Seriously, Jeongukk could be a clean freak sometimes.

He rummaged for about two seconds, before finding it neatly folded on a pair of blue shorts. When he zipped Jeongukk's bag back up, he immediately ran on the field, ignoring Seokjin's whistle blowing in protest.

He tapped Jeongukks back, as if the brunette hadn't noticed Taehyung's feet in front of him as he continued his pushups. "Jeongukkie, put this shirt on." He grumbled, throwing it as his head.

Jeongukk began saying something, but Taehyung turned his head once his brother started yelling. "Taehyung, get off the field!"

"I am Hyung, wait!" He yelled back, and turned to see that Jeongukk actually listened to him, and had the shirt on halfway. When his beautiful face and sweaty hair popped out of the top, Taehyung clapped in victory. That water bottle bitch had no view now, hah!

He looked confused however, and tilted his head to the side. "Are yo—

Taehyung decided however, that he wasn't in the mood to explain that he was in fact jealous. Ugh he hated that word. He cut him off there. "Sorry, baby. I need to go now." He said, quiet enough so that Seokjin couldn't hear.

"Don't take your shirt off, 'kay?" He reminded him, before running off. He might have glared at Seokjin in secret, but no one needed to know.

...

I was just being interviewed for my sisters podcast and we had to redo it about 4739283 times because we kept laughing and our WiFi is shit 😭

The next chapter will be in the same setting ( the school ) and will take place after Taehyung and Jk's practices.  No long time skip again so yeahh. Spoiler: Taehyung will be vv salty 😐🧂