ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
Tell me honestly

Taehyung woke up to the sound of the a/c running softly, sun peeking through a pair of blue curtains, shining in his face subtly.

He yawned, turning on his side before flopping his face back into his pillow. As he buried his face into it, the smell brought comfort to him in a way that he couldn't describe.

When his mind began to drift off again, he let it. Trying his best to ignore the barely noticeable ticking coming from his Marvel themed clock.

...

Wait.

A clock?

He didn't have a clock.

He sat up with an eye rub, letting his eyes adjust.
Without a doubt, there it was. Jeongukk's Marvel clock. Ticking as if it were mocking him.

"Shit." He cursed, voice coming out rather hoarse. His head pounded and his eyes somehow felt puffy.
But as much as he wanted to stay in bed and bask in his own pain, the fact that something most likely happened the previous night was starting to bother him.

He got up, heading down the stairs following his bathroom break.

In the kitchen, he immediately spotted Jeongukk at the dining room table.

He didn't get much time to think, because soon enough the boys eyes met his.

Then there was silence, Taehyung not knowing what to say. His mouth opened but no words formed, so he quickly shut it, that choice seeming like his best option.

But thankfully he didn't have to say anything, because the brunette was quickly up on his feet.

"Jeongukk, what happ—

And then he was being pulled into a bone crushing hug, one that should've had Taehyung wheezing out but instead he sighed in content. His eyes shut soon after.

"I'm always here for you, okay?" Jeongukk kissed his head.

Taehyung looked up through his lashes only to see his boyfriend looking back down at him. He nodded.

But what happened last night?

...

The two ate in silence, nothing besides a few munching sounds every now and then. That was normal for them since they both usually chose to focus on eating rather than talking, and then talk later. However, Taehyung wasn't too sure what was going on. He remembered that he went to a party the previous night which may or may not have been a terrible decision on his behalf. But Jeongukk wasn't upset. So he must've said something to him.

"You good?" Jeongukk questioned after a sip of milk.

Taehyung nodded, forcing a smile. He should've known that Jeongukk could see through it. He always could.

"You can't fool me, babe." He gave him a little half smile and Taehyung blinked, sighing silently.

"Jeongukkie, I'm just a little confused." He bit his lip, averting his gaze. "What happened last night?"

Jeongukk paused for a moment. "I picked you up from the party. Yoongi called me."

Taehyung's head laid low. "I-I'm really sorry." He stuttered, voice cracking. "But baby, just so you know, i'd never do anything to intentionally to hurt you. I wouldn't ever cheat on you. I wouldn't even think about."