TEN

CHAPTER TEN:
Wish you'd be happy

Taehyung dropped the bookmark onto the table, shuffling back in surprised, and accidentally kicking Jimin's empty box back with the backside of his foot in the process. He looked at it, and suddenly all his senses came flooding back. When his head moved up Jeongukk and Jimin were looking at him in concern, no longer submersed in the argument they were previously having. "You okay?"

"Yeah.." Taehyung gulped, eyes flickering between the both of them. "I-I'm fine." He breathed, although it seemed like he was slightly struggling to do it well. "I'm going to the bathroom."

He got up from his seat quickly, ignoring the calls from the both of them.

3 hours later

Jeongukk walked out of his advanced calculus class, sighing in the process. He was extremely tired, and school—along with extracurricular activities—had been kicking him in the ass. He walked his way to his locker, before he felt a hand slip into his, pressing their cheek into his arm. "Hi."

"Hi, Tae." He responded, ruffling his hair in a way that made Taehyung's nose scrunch up. "Why do you always do that?" He questioned cutely, Jeongukk wanted to boop him in the nose.

"Why? You don't like it?" He asked, looking to him as they stopped by his locker.

"No. It's not that." Taehyung pouted, stumbling a little as he tripped over his shoe. Jeongguk momentarily pulled his hand away, the other going to wrap his arms around his middle instead.

"I could never not like anything you do, you know? You're special." He mumbled into the brunettes chest as he rummaged through his organized locker.

Jeongguk smiled, looking down at the boy clinging to him for a brief second. He wasn't even completely sure what to say—how do you respond when someone that you adore greatly tells you that you're special? So he went for the next best thing. "You too."

His half-expressed response seemed enough for Taehyung however, as he smiled at Jeongukk and jutted his lips outward. The brunette lightly laughed, before moving his head down and pecking him on the lips sweetly.

Jeongukk went back to what he was doing before. Once he was done, he held his hand out for Taehyung to take again. He did so gladly.

They were almost outside, before Jeongukk looked to him for a moment. "Hey, about earlier.."

Jeongukk didn't even have enough time to finish his sentence because Taehyung was responding. "I know." He looked up to see Jeongukks concerned face. "I'm okay—I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" Jeongukk furrowed his eyebrows. "Tae, I was just worried." He rubbed his back in a soothing way.

"That's why I'm sorry." He pouted.

Jeongukk couldn't help but stretch his lips into a smile, although it was borderline unnoticeable. He squeezed his hand in his. "Don't be. I worry too much."

Taehyung responded with a nod, letting his lips stretch into a similar smile. "Okay."

"You're sure you're fine, right?" Jeongukk continued walking.

"I'm perfect." Taehyung responded, bumping his shoulder into the boy. "Good."

...

Jeongguk threw the ball to the end zone as time ticked down, they were down by a field goal.
Taehyung and Jimin were sat on the bench next to Jin and the part of the team that wasn't in. Their hands squeezed the water bottle holders in anticipation.