Prologue Part 1

(Summer POV)

I can't wait to see the girls and Tai. It feels like it's been forever since I was home. That last mission took way longer than it should have. Dammit Ozpin, why didn't you tell me she had a third eye and an extra hand? Well it doesn't matter, I've finished the mission, I'm not hurt in any way and I get to see Ruby and Yang for their birthday's.

I was walking up the path towards the house when I heard a quite wail. I drew my weapon expecting a Grimm but there were none. Just that constant wailing. I stepped off the dirt path and ventured into the woods in search of the loud screaming. I eventually found the source to be a little boy no older than Ruby. He was dressed in rags that looked like duelling equipment. (Basically what Gohan and Krillen were wearing on Namek)

He was fighting and Ursa and he wasn't doing to badly, but his size and apparent youth was clearly giving him a disadvantage. I watched in horror as the Ursa tore his arm clean off and hit him to the ground. I had had enough. I jumped in and used my semblance to rapidly close the gap. I blocked a second attack from the Ursa and sliced it to bits, leaving nothing left.

I caught my breath for a few seconds and turned to the terrified child who was desperately trying to stop the bleeding from his open shoulder socket. I acted quickly and tore off my cape and used it to cover the wound. I then tired a thick piece of rope a little further up his shoulder to act as a tourniquet.

Satisfied with my work, I sighed and took time to study the boy. He had short and spiky H/C and bright E/C that seemed to glow. In fact, his entire body was glowing. Except, it didn't feel like a normal aura or semblance, it was something I hadn't seen before. Dammit Summer, a child is sitting in front of you and you're thinking about how strange he looks.

The boy was trying to stand so I quickly stepped over and picked him up in my hands. He felt incredibly light yet he was very well built for his age. How did a six year old like him get muscle like this? Was he experimented on? I noticed he had passed out in my arms and I allowed myself to smile. He was actually quite sweet.

Time Skip

After a bit of time flip flopping on my choices, I decided to take him home with me. It will be nice for the two girls to have a younger brother to look after. Plus, I know Tai had always wanted a son to take after him. At the very least we can look after him until we find his family.

I opened the front door of our house quietly and stepped in. I shut the door and went to the living room to lay the boy down on the sofa. I spied a blanket sitting on a nearby arm. Just as I was setting it over him and making sure he was covered, I heard thundering footsteps and two squeals.

Ruby/Yang: "MUMMY/MUM!"

I smiled and pulled them both into a hug. Ruby was talking at about a hundred miles an hour and I couldn't understand a word. I broke off the hug to give Tai a loving and long overdue kiss, who had came in a few seconds earlier. Then we heard a shifting and noticed the boy had moved off the sofa. He's one tough cookie isn't he.

(F/n POV)

My eyes sprung open and I jumped up, expecting to be in that monster's cave. But I wasn't. At least it didn't looked like a cave. Too, clean, no food and too much light. Where am I? What is this place? I saw some creature's of varying appearance looking at me with weird faces. They don't look like that monster but I better be on guard. That's what Dad taught me.

Yellow: "Mum, who is this boy?"

White: "I'm not sure myself sweetie."

Tall Yellow: "Why did you bring him here Summer?"

Summer?: "He was badly hurt by a Grimm, that's why he's missing an arm."

So that monster was called a Grimm. I didn't expect the creatures of this planet to be so scary. My dad had sent me here because he thought I'd be safe but I bet even he didn't know about these things. WAIT, SHE SAID I'M MISSING AN ARM?

I looked to my right side and panicked when I saw no arm. I began to scream and charge up a Ki blast in my still attached hand and aimed it at the creatures staring at me. They held their hands up like they didn't mean any harm. But they cut off my arm, they want to kill me because I'm an alien, don't they?

F/n: "Stay away from me!" I yelled.

They all backed up a little before the Red one disappeared, no she just moved very quickly. I instinctively threw my Ki blast at the floor and watched as she fell over and and tumbled onto that soft furniture I was lying on.

Yellow: "RUBY!" She charged at me.

Ruby?: "YANG NO!"

This Yang person tried to punch me. I went to raise my right arm to defend myself but remembered that it wasn't there anymore. I couldn't do anything as her fist slammed into my face and sent me flying across the room, causing me to hit my head and black out instantly.

So, I've been trying to figure out how I wanted the prologue to go. At first I wanted it to be where you escape after taking a final beating. Then I wanted it to be a moment where Raven saves you, but I've settled on a sort of origin story. There'll probably be 2 or 3 parts to it and it'll make clear who the abusers are. I'm not settled yet but I know I want Summer to be a caring and loving mother so she's out. Tai is more or less a given because he usually is in these stories. I'm a little unsure about Ruby so she's a maybe. The rest you'll have to see for yourselves.

Next part will be out before the end of the week. I'm kinda in a writing mood right now so expect a lot of parts over the February time. Anyway, have a great day and I'll catch you later. Peace.