Chapter 1: Life Sucks

So, I wanted to do this just because I know it'll be a little confusing down the line. You will be the youngest. Regardless of the age Ruby will be a year older than you and Yang will be three years older. So right now you're 12, Ruby is 13 and Yang is 15. Now onto the story.

(F/n POV)

"YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!"

This was a phrase I was all too familiar with. My 'father' isn't exactly the most creative person when it comes to insults but he sure does pack a punch. I learnt that the hard way and I was reminded of it every day. I was smacked across the room and into the metal wall he had installed to make sure my room doesn't break when he hits me.

My elbow got crushed behind my back and I grunted in pain. I stopped showing pain a while ago and I don't think 'dad' likes that. He has started trying to break my bones whenever he beats me but for whatever reason he just can't. I guess I must be very resilient. Anyway, I'm currently bleeding on the ground with a sprained elbow.

Taiyang stomped over and began to kick me all over. A few landed on my head and made me a little dizzy and by the time he stopped, I couldn't see anything. He spat on me and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I picked myself up from the floor and wiped away the spit from my chin. Lovely.

I was dusting myself off when the door slammed open again and I was thrown across the room again. I guess it's Yang's turn. I felt more punches up and down my back as she was insulting me.

Yang: "You're worthless, you know that? I can't believe Summer even loves you."

After probably an hour of being beaten, several new scars to add to my collection and a broken finger, don't know how she did that one, Yang finally walked out of my room. Well, room is a loose term. It's really just a metal box with a mattress and a wardrobe. Mum did try and help me but Taiyang alwasy stopped her from adding anything to my room.

I was fortunate enough to get a new arm though. For tenth birthday, Mum and Ruby gave me a metal arm that worked just like a real arm. Plus, it has a built in revolver that can be stored in the forearm. (Just think Mcree's arm from Overwatch if you're having trouble imagining that.)

I was enjoying my few minutes of peace when I heard a loud shout from downstairs.

Tai: "F/N GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW AND COOK US DINNER!"

I sighed and made my way out of my room and down the stairs. Before I could reach the bottom though, Qrow appeared behind me and kicked me down them, causing me to hit my head more than once and open up a fresh wound. I saw a few drops of blood on the floor and knew what was coming before it even happened.

I felt Taiyang's fist hit my cheek and for the first time in a while, I let out a scream. It wasn't loud, it wasn't long, but it was enough for Tai to grin.

Taiyang: "No son of mine screams like a little bitch."

I rolled my eyes when he wasn't looking. Yeah, son. Even though you keep reminding me every five seconds that I'm not your son and that I'm a freak who has no place in this world. Some real bipolar you've got going there 'Dad'.

He grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and threw me towards the kitchen. I knew what he wanted so I walked in and over to the stove. Turning it on and got the burgers out of the freezer. It was what I was best at and I hoped that if I did well enough, he might skip today's beating. HA, fat chance of that.

Timeskip

I had just finished preparing their food. A double bacon cheeseburger with chips and a side of salad for Summer. It was the same for everyone else except without the salad. I stacked the plates on a tray and carried it out to the family. I had made extra's for Qrow and Raven since I knew they'd be coming. None for me though, I'd get my food later.