Chapter 3: A late arrival

(F/n POV)
I stepped out of the bullhead and into the blazing hot sun of Vale. I would have flown but Ozpin told me that it would've raised too many eyebrows and probably got the attention of a few less than desirable people. It wasn't the worst flight I suppose, problem is it took me to Atlas and not Vale. I gave the pilot shit for that one.
By the time I got go Vale, the sun was at its peak and the lunch time buzz was in full swing. People getting food, shoppers hounding the poor bastards working behind the tills, a group of Faunus protesters, you get the picture. I wandered the streets of Vale in search of Beacon until a cute girl with multi coloured hair pointed the way. She didn't say anything though, she must be shy. I reached the school pretty quickly because I flew a little bit. Let's hope no one saw that.
I soon found Ozpin and Goodwitch waiting for me. Goodwitch has her arms crossed and Ozpin looked a little amused, still with that goddamn coffee mug.
Goodwitch: "And why exactly are you late? Initiation ended thirty minutes ago."
F/n: "Maybe you should hire pilots who can do their jobs. I had to go all the way to Atlas first."
Ozpin: "Well, in any case, we would have quite problem on our hands if it weren't for some convenient luck. One of our teams currently had 3 people on if and if you can pass the test yourself, you can join them."
F/n: "Sounds like a piece of cake. Where do I start?"
Goodwitch: "Follow me."
We set of walking and I heard Ozpin shout something.
Ozpin: "Everyone in the school will be watching, do your best Mr L/n."
(Yes I know Vegeta and Bulma don't have that last name but roll with it, I'll explain it later.)
(Ozpin POV)
I watched the two leave so F/n could prepare for the initiation. Once I was sure they were out of sight, I pulled out my scroll and called Taiyang. He had informed me of a kidnapped child about two years back and now that he's here in Beacon, it was time to tell him that I've found him.
Tai: "Hello Oz, what can I do for you?"
Ozpin: "I found your son."
I heard some shuffling and inaudible shouts in the other end before Summer's voice broke through in a loud scream.
Summer: "YOU'VE FOUND MY BABY BOY?"
Ozpin: *Smiles* "Yes Summer, he will be going through initiation within the next hour. If you would like to join me us I'm sure the students won't mind."
Summer: "We'll be there in 20 minutes."
She hung up the call and I took a sip from my liquid coca- I mean coffee. Time to see what you can really do Mr L/n.
(Ruby POV)
Ruby: "I can't believe I couldn't even find a partner."
I slouched against a tree on top of the cliff. Everyone had finished the initiation and found themselves a partner. Yang was with Blake, Jaune was with Pyrrha, and I was with no one. So much for Beacon.
The professor had asked everyone to remain at the cliff while he collected something. I didn't know what it was but I hope it wasn't a big stick to hit me out of Beacon with. Yang plopped herself down next to me.
Yang: "Don't worry little sis. Ozpin invited you here himself right? He wouldn't let anything happen to his child prodigy."
Ruby: "This is serious Yang. I'm gonna get kicked out and sent back to Signal and everyonesgoingtolaughateandiwillhatemyselfforever."
Yang: "Okay, didn't catch that last part but you'll be fine. Look, here comes Goodwitch now."
Everyone looked over to see Professer Goodwitch coming this way with a person following her. They looked to be my age but a closer look made me realise that they were younger. They had spiked (Hair/Colour) and were wearing some kind of martial arts gi. It was F/C had a (Second Favourite/Colour) belt tied around the waist.
As they both drew closer, I couldn't help but feel like I recognised him. He had a bunch of scars all across his upper chest and face, so he's clearly been through a lot. Even Yang looked to recognise him but if she knew who he was she wasn't telling. Why is he here anyway?
(F/n POV)
I had finished getting ready for the initiation. I picked out a gi so I'd have more flexibility when fighting. As me and Goodwitch we're walking a question sprung fo mind.
F/n: "Miss Goodwitch, would you like to spar me one day?"
Goodwitch: *Coughs* "I'm sorry?"
F/n: "Spar. I think we've probably got some bad blood after I knocked you into the ship. A spar would help clear the air don't you think?"
The smallest sliver of a smile crossed her face.
Goodwitch: "Pass the initiation and I'll consider it."
We kept walking until we eventually reached a cliff edge that overlooked a forest. Several metal pads were lined along said cliff and they kinda looked like launch pads. Oh, I guess that's how you get down. I noticed the crowd of students eyeing me and felt a little uncomfortable. I was at least 3 years younger than them all, so naturally I kinda wanted to fly away from there. But I didn't and prepared for the test.
While Goodwitch was explaining the rules and stuff, I stretched out and threw a few punches that accidentally caused shockwaves. When she was done I raised my hand then realised how stupid it was.
F/n: "Do I have to hold back or can I go full out?"
I heard a few laughs from the crowd. Don't know what's so funny about that. Goodwitch smiled, like properly smiled.
Goodwitch: "You can use whatever power is necessary. Just don't destroy the forest."
F/n: "Got it."
Goodwitch: "Then stand on the launch pad and let's begin."
I smirked in my head and decided to have a little fun.
F/n: "Why though? It's not like I can't just jump of the edge. What do I need a launch pad for."
Goodwitch: "To get a boost."
I looked over the edge and chuckled a little. I turned and looked at the confused faces before letting myself fall backwards off the cliff top. Isn't my Ki to levitate myself, I flew back up a few feet away from the cliff face. The shocked faces made me chuckle and I gave a mock salute.
F/n: "I won't be long, keep a seat warm for me in the auditorium."
I let my Ki surge and took to the sky. Bobbing and weaving through the trees was fun, but I need some action. Like a giant humanoid Grimm that's currently guarding some kind of ruins. That's convenient.