03. Arms Of An Angel

JEONGGUK IS RESTLESS

JEONGGUK IS RESTLESS. He's been pacing back and forth ever since he brought the girl home and called for his father. He'd sent Miri home before she can get anymore emotionally scarred and tried assisting his father with whatever he needed.

Stitches. Jeongguk did some of the stitches too, while his father was preparing painkillers. Now he's waiting outside, unable to calm himself for some reason. So he starts tending to the horse; providing some hay and water. The horse had been cooperative when Jeongguk hoisted the girl onto it earlier. It's probably only accustomed to its owner, he supposes.

His father reappears from inside their house after a short while. He spots his son standing by the horse and clears his throat. "Where did you find her?"

Jeongguk looks up, catching his father's unreadable gaze. "Uh... the forest, while Miri was playing."

His father doesn't respond for a few seconds, merely staring at the horse beside Jeongguk. The boy tilts his head to the side, blocking his father's view. "What's wrong?" He asks in curiosity.

His father averts his eyes to his hands, drying them with a cloth. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

Jeongguk nibbles on his bottom lip, unconvinced, but decides to drop it anyway. If there's one word he can use to describe the man: paranoid. He doesn't get why his father is so keen on keeping a low profile. Sure, they're Jeons. Yes, most people don't like them because of whatever history there was. But Jeongguk thinks its just ridiculous: to be fearful of something you didn't do.

Maybe the world is just messed up like that.

"I just don't think it's safe to bring home some random stranger you found in the woods. You'll never know who they might really be."

Jeongguk's ears perk when his father speaks up again. "Does it matter? You're a doctor, father. Shouldn't you save everyone regardless of who they are?"

His father opens his mouth to say something, but decides against it. Jeongguk shakes his head before heading back inside the house.