06. An Unexpected Challenge

"YOUR HIGHNESS

"YOUR HIGHNESS. Presenting to you the prince of the western kingdom, Prince Baekhyun of Karrstad."

Saeron rises from her position on the throne to welcome the esteemed guest in front of them, bowing politely in return when the gesture is given to her.

She takes in Prince Baekhyun's appearance for the first time; dressed to impress in his black leather-like garb complete with a velvety cape. His entourage even matches him, and Saeron will admit that his face is a lot fairer than most of whom she's been acquainted with.

"Princess, it is my greatest honour to finally meet you. News about your beauty can never compare to how enchanting you look like in person," the prince starts, his words weighted and firm with respect.

Saeron tilts her head in amusement. So the man knows how to flirt. "Likewise, your highness. I've heard tales of your adventures and successful crusades in the past. Might I say, you are quite a talent."

Prince Baekhyun flashes her a winning smile, clearly pleased with the unexpected praise he's received. Everyone knows the princess can be quite picky with her words. To receive a compliment as such can only come to those who truly stand out.

Nevertheless, the prince maintains his posture and does another bow. "Thank you, your greatness, but I am not worthy of such praise." He straightens himself up again before clapping his hands. "To show my gratitude, I come bearing gifts from our humble kingdom, Karrstad. I hope they will be akin to your tastes."

He gestures towards his entourage standing behind him, a small group of them bringing forth a large, heavy looking chest designed intricately with tiny sparkling gems.

"Humble kingdom?" Saeron repeats to herself with a chuckle. Karrstad is known to be one of the richest kingdoms among them; their lands overflowing with the fruits of their fertile soil.

Prince Baekhyun's entourage uncovers the lid of the chest to reveal a variety of different coloured spices. The prince gathers a handful of them in his hand before raising it up in display. "One of Karrstad's many prides, spices, grown by our people on rich soil. I've been told you are fond of such flavours, your royal highness."