13. Biting Down

JEONGGUK WAKES UP to a pounding head, as if someone is repeatedly banging the edge of a stick right at the back of his skull

And maybe that really is what's about to happen.

As soon as his senses snap awake, he's immediately bombarded by the thick smell of cow and animal dung.

His first thought goes like this; gross, is this what hell smells like?

His next thought is something along the lines of; where's the fire though? because if this is hell then it has been awfully misinterpreted.

But then he mentally smacks himself because first of all, why would he be in hell? He's considered himself a good person up until now—well, other than the fact that he's insulted royalty before. But he can't get condemned just because of that, right?

He peels his eyes open and almost at the same time, his muscles start to ache. Jeongguk lets out a groan before coming to realise what position he's currently in.

He's—

Hanging upside down, with his feet tied up to hook in the ceiling. What the h—

"You come through yet?"

Jeongguk whips his head to the side so fast he could've suffered from whiplash, only to meet Taehyung's unamused, half-lidded eyes.

What is going on—

Jeongguk scans his eyes around the room. It looks like they're in the middle of a large barn, which explains the smell. So, he's definitely not dead yet (he doesn't know whether or not to be relieved). In one end of the room, he spots what looks like a spot of blood on the hay and swallows down the lump forming in his throat.

"Where..." Jeongguk attempts to shake his legs free from the ropes but to no avail, even when he tries reaching up with his hands. "Are we?"

Taehyung lets out a frustrated huff before crossing his arms over his chest. He doesn't seem to be panicking as much as Jeongguk despite being in the exact same position.