04. The Joy Of Reunions

A YOUNG MAN WAITS on top of the castle battlement, overlooking the view of vast green valley down below

A YOUNG MAN WAITS on top of the castle battlement, overlooking the view of vast green valley down below. Now that spring is approaching, it's about time the lands will be bursting with colors.

The princess loves spring. It's when even the royal gardens will fully come to life with all sorts of pretty flowers and trees. She should be here now, the man thinks. She should be in her garden among the flowers she loves so much.

But the whereabouts of the missing princess is yet to be known. Her disappearance has caused a lot of panic and worry among the inhabitants of the castle. She has always been known to be adventurous, sometimes even disappearing for days to only return with the excuse that she had merely been hunting in the forests.

However, this time, her disappearance can only mean two things; either the King of Mirador somehow managed to catch up with her, or she stumbled upon something else along her way back. The latter is hard to believe. Most of the royal officers have already begun to suspect that Princess Saeron has been caught again.

Give it a few more days, he thinks. She will come back on her own. Like she always has.

The man knows standing on top of the wall watching the roads for hours will be futile. He has much better things to do that to stay idle here.

Hands behind his back, he passes a soldier who bows at him in respect before getting down from the tower. The castle is silent today; it would be nice if it were comfortable, but the eeriness is disturbing. The hot sun blares down against his skin, now stained with a thin layer of sweat after hours of keeping watch on the battlement.

He enters the castle, too tired to greet back any of the people who bows their heads to him as he walks by. He wanders around without a location in mind, until a loud horn sounds from a distance, and a shout of joy rips through the air.

"The princess is home!"

King Han leans back against his throne of red velvet atop an elevated platform. The rays of sunlight that leaks in through the coloured windows illuminates the throne, causing it to glow brighter than anywhere else in the room. Next to the king stands his advisor, who seems to be having a hushed conversation his majesty.