deux

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter two ❛ 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚢

chapter two
❛ 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚢. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

AMARA WASN'T INTERESTED in many things, a trait of hers that often drew others in. She was a mystery, a puzzle piece that many wanted to try their hand at to put back together. There was some things, however, the demigod found interesting, Capture the Flag. The thrill of the game was intoxicating, she never wanted to stop playing. Running through the forest with the wind blowing her hair back, the danger of the opposite team's campers jumping out of nowhere to try and stop her. The fighting, the ability to let loose and enjoy herself while having fun. She's never experienced anything like playing Capture the Flag, it was her release, a time when she could drop the daughter of Zeus act and fully enjoy herself. She loved it.

That was why she was currently having a hard time containing her excitement, the nymphs were clearing the plates away, and the oh so familiar conch horn sounded, signaling it was almost time to begin. She stood alongside the other campers, a grin forming on her lips as the Athena Cabin ran into the pavilion with their silk banner.

An arm was thrown around her shoulder, pulling her smaller body into a much older one. Her attention was diverted to Luke, who held a smile that showcased a thousand words to her. He was as excited as she was, if not more. Much like Amara, Capture the Flag was a game where Luke was able to let loose too. He, like the rest of the campers, had grown up too quickly, experienced and seen things no one should see. So during games like these, he was able to feel like a kid again, and thrive in that feeling.

Annabeth waved at them, passing the duo as she and her siblings ran by. Amara's grin seemingly widened as she gave a high-five to the demigod. Seconds later her eyes landed on a oblivious boy, one who looked like he had no idea what was going on. The son of Hermes followed her eyes, his blue eyes landing on the demigod as well.

Without a word, he began guiding them over to the boy. An action that startled Amara as she wasn't expecting the sudden movement, but Luke's childish smile made up for it. Percy's attention landed on them, his sea green eyes locked with her electric blue's as he spoke.

"Those are the flags?"

"Yeah."

"Ares and Athena always lead the teams?"

"Not always," she said. "But often."

"So, if another cabin captures one, what do you do, repaint the flag?"