dix

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

 chapter ten ❛ 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎

chapter ten
❛ 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     AMARA AND ZEUS got to talk for a little while afterwards, before the god evidently had to return back to Olympus. Once he left, she made her way out of the Zeus cabin but wasn't able to make it far before arms wrapped around her frame. She was picked up, spun around a couple of times before she was able to get a look at the camper's face. Her lips broke out into a grin once she recognized the familiar scarred blond son of Hermes, the older demigod held a smile of his own as he set her down, relinquishing her from his hold.

"I know I said I would never let you live it down if you got your butt kicked on this quest, but did you really not want to deal with it that badly you preferred Hades realm?"

She rolled her eyes as the older boy threw an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his side while his smile turned soft. "I'm glad your back, Ara. Don't do anything like that again, got it? That's my job."

She nodded, accepting the small lecture she knew was hidden behind his words. "Yeah, I know."

His smile turned into a smirk. "Good, now come on, we got camp traditions to attend too."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

It was camp tradition to burn the burial shrouds of the returned Half-Bloods in the fire during the ceremony. It wasn't an ordinary occurrence as not many demigods return from quests.

The Hephaestus cabin was the one who made Amara's shroud, since she didn't have any siblings to make one for her. Her's was a muted grey with gold sewn into the fabric, blue sky adorning the center. Not only that, but the gorgeous sky was surrounded blue electricity tingles, with eagles flying between the strands.

Her eyes landed on Charles who held a proud smile, not only from his creation but the fact she managed to come back alive. "Thank you," she said, her eyes shining slightly as she couldn't take them off the masterpiece he had created. The older boy pulled her in for a side hug, ruffling her hair as she pulled away. "I'm glad you came back, Am."

Annabeth's was a lovely grey silk with embroidered owls, and since Percy was the only one in his cabin, another cabin had offered to make his. The Ares cabin had volunteered to create a shroud with an old white bedsheet, a painted on smiley face with x's as the eyes.