vingt-cinq

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-five ❛ 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

chapter twenty-five
❛ 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

THE SUMMIT OF the mountain appeared to be closer as the fog cleared, storm clouds still swirling over the top as raw power emanated from the rock. There was a path in front of the demigods, leading directly through flowers and a meadow of shadows.

The grass in front of Amara shimmered against the silvery light of the moon, flowers of almost every color glowed brightly against the darkness of the night. Stepping stones led around the enormous tree in the middle of the garden, branches glittered with golden apples that seemed to glow.

"The apples of immortality," Thalia mumbled. "Hera's wedding gift from Zeus."

A scowl twisted onto the brunette's lips at the thought of the goddess, but it quickly disappeared at the sight of the dragon curled around the tree. The creature had more heads than she could count, it's scales glowing a copper color. The shadows near the dragon began to move, earning her attention as eerie singing reached her ears.

Zoë held a hand out to the demigods, taking a step forward as she stood in front. Four young women came into view, each resembling the huntress who stood to meet them. The unknown women had silky midnight black hair, reminding Amara of the Nightshade girl's own beauty against her sister's.

"Sisters," Zoë greeted.

"We do not say any sister," the tallest girl responded, her tone harsh. "We see three half-bloods and a hunter, all of whom shall soon die."

"You got it wrong," Percy stepped forward. "Nobody is going to die."

"Perseus Jackson," another girl spoke, eyeing him up and down. "I do not see why he is a threat."

"Who said I was threat?" He asked.

A Hesperide motioned towards the mountain. "They fear thee," she explained. "They are unhappy that these two has not yet killed thee," she pointed a finger at the Grace sisters.

"Tempting sometimes," Thalia admitted. "But, no thanks."

"Yeah," Amara agreed. "I like him better alive, appreciate the offer though."

A smile curled onto Percy's lips at her words while he managed to keep the blush down, the duo meeting eyes for a moment.

"There are no friends here, daughters of Zeus." The first sister spoke again, her tone still cold. "Only enemies, go back."