vingt et un

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-one❛ 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞

chapter twenty-one
❛ 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     AMARA COULD TELL Percy was upset by the way the meeting had ended, especially when he left for his cabin immediately afterwards without so much as saying a word.

So once Zoë informed her of the time she needed the demigod up and ready by, she made her way to cabin three where she awaited for the son of Poseidon to answer the door.

Her arms were wrapped around herself, clinging to what little warmth she had left after forgetting to swing by her cabin and grab her leather jacket first. The cold December air nipped at her exposed skin, a constant reminder of her unpreparedness.

Finally, the cabin's door swung open to reveal Percy. The boy had changed from his usual blue jeans and orange camp shirt, to black and blue plaid sweats with a loose black hoodie. His raven hair was tousled, his eyes widened upon realizing it was her standing in front of him.

"You gonna let me in Percy," she mumbled, giving the boy a small smirk. "Or let me stand out here and freeze all night."

He quickly scrambled to the side, allowing her to make her way in as he shut the door behind her. Percy made his way to his bed, resting his back against the headrest as she analyzed the cabin.

Three sets of bunk beds resided in the left side of the cabin behind stone where there weren't any windows, a dresser sat across the bunks with six drawers for each camper. Sea plants decorated the top of the dresser and windowsills, some of the most beautiful plants she'd ever seen.

A fountain in the corner created just enough mist for a small rainbow to appear, while the water itself spouted from the mouth of a carved fish by the ceiling and trailed down the waterfall to the main pond where multiple golden drachmas sat. A work table Amara could only assume was Tyson's had been set up under the front window, a model of a hippocampi hung over the table in the corner.

Percy had picked the bottom bunk in the center of the room, closer to the window and the scent of the sea was stronger. The walls of the cabin shined like an abalone shell, the moonlight hitting the fountain and causing the cabin to look as if it was underwater.

"This is amazing," she mumbled, momentarily forgetting her coldness as she watched the walls seem to move in waves. A smile curled onto Percy's lips, his eyes soft as he watched her admire the cabin.