neuf

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter nine ❛ 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎

chapter nine
❛ 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     THE FIELDS OF Asphodel was a strange place. The fields were crowded with dull, flat faces of the dead on fields of darkness. They whispered among one another, but Amara couldn't hear a word they were saying. After a few miles of walking, she began to hear a familiar screech in the distance. Looming on the horizon was a palace of glittering black obsidian, above the parapets swirled three dark bat like creatures, the Furies. She had a feeling they were waiting for them.

"I suppose it's too late to turn back." Grover said wistfully.

"We'll be okay." Percy tried to sound confident, but failed.

"Maybe we should search some of the other places first," the satyr suggested. "Like, Elysium, for instance . . ."

The brunette grabbed his arm, stopping him from running off. "Come on, goat boy."

Grover yelped. His sneakers sprouted wings and his legs shot forward, attempting to pull himself out of her grip, but she held out. She narrowed her eyes and sent him a look as he landed flat on his back in the grass.

"Grover," she scolded, rolling her eyes at her protector. "Stop messing around."

"But I didn't—" He yelped again. His shoes were flapping like crazy, they levitated off the ground and started dragging him away from them. And from result, dragging Amara with him as she kept a tight grip on his arm, sending her flying to the ground besides him as she landed on her back.

"Maia!" He yelled, but the magic word wasn't working. "Maia already!" his brown eyes landed on the Grace as he looked panicked. "Don't let go!"

A grunt slipped through her lips as she dug her heels into the ground, attempting to slow them down. "What do you think I'm doing?"

"Untie the shoes!" Annabeth screamed as she finally recovered from her shock. While it was a smart idea, it wasn't easy when Grover couldn't sit up to get close to the laces, and Amara was afraid if she let go he would get out of reach. The satyr tried to kick his feet, but the shoes were too tightly laced up.

She was sure they were going to barrel into Hades's palace, but the shoes took a sharp right, dragging the duo into the opposite direction. As the slope got steeper, the more Grover picked up speed. The cavern walls narrowed on either side, and she realized they'd entered some kind of tunnel. There was no black grass or trees, just rock underfoot with the dim light of the stalactites above.