dix-huit

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter eighteen❛ 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎

chapter eighteen
❛ 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

THE CAR RIDE was silent aside from the voice of Sally Jackson as she told the demigods stories, mostly about Percy when he was a kid. They had just sat through roughly an eight hour car ride from New York to Maine, something Amara wasn't looking forward to doing again.

She hated sitting still for long, which was probably her demigod side kicking in to be constantly moving. But, the long ride had given her time to catch up with Annabeth about the past five and a half months they've been apart.

The daughter of Athena had gone home for the school year with her father, only coming back to Camp once winter break hit. While the daughter of Zeus stayed behind at camp with Beckendorf and Thalia, with the promise to Jada her two children will return home for Christmas and spend the rest of the year with her.

The past couple months the three demigods had a mission, which Chiron in-trusted for them to train the younger generation. So for hours, days, weeks, and long months they restlessly trained whatever campers remained and newcomers that appeared. Their goal was to prepare them for war, mentally and physically so they would be ready.

"Oh yeah," Thalia spoke up drawing Amara from her thoughts as the raven haired girl looked out the window. "This'll be fun."

The younger Grace turned her attention to the outside world as Westover Hall came into view, resembling a knight's castle but the dark version of it. Her mind immediately thought of it as a Disney villain's hideout with it's spot on the snowy cliff overlooking the forest.

"Percy," the single mother spoke, turning her attention to her only son as she put the car in park. "Are you sure you don't want me to wait?"

"It's okay mom," he answered, unknowingly earning a certain electric blue eyed girl's attention. "I don't know how long this will take."

A frown formed onto Sally's features. "But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy." The raven haired boys cheeks flushed red as Amara's eyes shined with amusement.

"Don't worry, Ms. Jackson," the brunette spoke up, causing older blue eyes to land on her "I'll keep Percy out of trouble, you'll get him back in one piece."

The mother's frown disappeared as a smile appeared in it's place. "Thank you, Amara." A grin curled onto the girl's lips at the mother's thanks, earning herself an unseen smile from her sister who watched the interaction with pride.