douze

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twelve ❛ 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍

chapter twelve
❛ 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

      SITTING ON THE only bed in the Zeus cabin, Amara's head was buried in her hands. Her fingers tightly laced within her curls as she attempted to calm her rage. Not only did Annabeth invite the monster in, but to make matters worse, he was claimed as a son of Poseidon. So there really was no chance she would be able to get rid of the creature.

Knocking ranged against her cabin door like it had the day prior, but she ignored it. At least, she tried until it got to the point where the noise was becoming a nuisance. "I told you," she spat, getting to her feet and storming over to the door. "I wanted to be left alo—" throwing open the cabin door, there was no one there. Like the knocking had been apart of her imagination.

"Very funny," she scowled, earning a couple of camper's attention before she slammed the cabin door back shut.

"On the contrary, my daughter," Amara froze as the voice registered in her head, and she slowly turned around. "I think it to be a little humorous, but, that may be because I was the one doing the knocking."

Zeus offered her a gentle look as he looked around the dusty cabin, a frown curling onto his features. "I suppose this place really needs fixed up, don't you agree?"

"Not an idea I would be opposed too," she mumbled as she made her way towards her bed. The king of the gods followed suit, planting himself besides her as they sat in quiet for a moment.

"So," he broke the silence as his eyes looked out the window. "I've heard about the new . . . addition, to camp. Son of Poseidon, no?"

Her silence was like a thousand words to him as he hummed. "Which, is why you decided to lock yourself in the cabin?"

Finally, she met his eyes as a sigh escaped. "What, do you want a gold metal or something? Ding ding ding." She muttered, unaware of the small smile that appeared on her father's lips.

"Not the first time I've been offered one," he joked, earning a smirk to appear for a spilt second on the demigods face, quickly disappearing as it turned into a scowl.

"Annabeth never should have let him in."

"The Athena girl?"