onze

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter eleven ❛ 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛! ❜

chapter eleven
❛ 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛! ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

GRIPPING HER OLDER sister's hand as they raced through the forest, was Amara Grace. Her other hand was being held by a fourteen year old Luke Castellan, his blond hair being pushed out of his face as he guided her with the help of Thalia Grace. The eldest Grace was following behind a satyr who had managed to find them, holding onto a princess curled blonde haired Annabeth Chase's hand.

"Come on," Grover Underwood shouted, pulling Annabeth along. "We're almost there!"

A soft whine escaped the young brunette's lips as she was dragged along by her sister and friend. The elder two never allowed for her to fall behind or even catch a breath, she was always one step behind them. And at that moment, she was about ready to give up and cry. All she wanted to do was stop and fall asleep in her sisters arms again.

"It's okay Ara," Thalia's words reached her ears as the oldest daughter of Zeus gave her a reassuring smile. "Almost there, and then you can rest." But even young Amara could tell how exhausted her sister was, her breaths were coming out faster, eye-bags were seen underneath her eyes with her body slightly shaking. And her smile was clearly forced, she was utterly exhausted.

"Up we go," Luke's voice sounded as he used his arm strength to pull her off the ground. Amara was lifted into the air momentarily as she missed a tree root, her feet touched the ground once more and she joined the others in running.

A monster's roar shook the ground and trees, signaling it was closing in on the four demigods and satyr. "The patrol will see us," Grover panted. "Come on!" He yelled again.

"Luke," the youngest Grace whimpered, drawing the male's attention to her. "My legs hurt," she complained. But her legs did in fact hurt, they felt like they were burning as they ached simultaneously. She didn't know how long she could keep running before her legs gave up on her.

"Hey, hey," Luke's voice was calm and steady, a warm smile rested on his lips as he and Thalia lifted her over another tree root. "I know, okay? But Grover said we're almost there, and once we get inside, I'll carry you in the rest of the way. Sound fair?"

Her bottom lip fell as she slightly pouted, "can I be carried now?"

He gave her a sympathetic look as the eldest Grace spoke up. "Amara, I know you're tired, but so is Luke. He can't run and carry you at the same time. So come on, we gotta get—"