quatre

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter four❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚙

chapter four
❛ 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚙. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

     WALKING THROUGH THE woods along the New Jersey riverbank, wasn't how Amara expected their quest to go. The glow of New York City was making the night sky yellow, a sight she's never seen before due to the clearness of Camp. The Hudson River soaked her sense of smell as she tried not to show her disgust, she's always hated the smell of the ocean, but the river took number one in her book.

"All three kindly ones," Grover mumbled, grinding his jaw alongside her as they walked. "All at once."

"Come on, the further away we get away, the better." Annabeth gave the brunette a pointed look, and she knew there was an underlying reason why she worded her sentence the way she had. She wasn't just talking about the Furies, her stormy eyes shifted from the river back towards Amara. The satyr understood the message as well as he switched sides with the demigod, giving her a soft smile as they continued walking.

She tried not to complain as she dragged her shoes through the mushy ground, just having clean them. The twisted trees that smelled like sour laundry didn't help the situation, it was then she was silently wishing for the ability to fully use the winds to support herself. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the blonde leaving the spot besides Grover, falling into line besides Percy. "Look, I . . ." Annabeth's voice trailed off. "I appreciate you coming back for us, okay? It was really brave."

"We're a team, right?" He mumbled, smirking at her.

"It's just that, if you died . . . aside from the fact that it would really suck for you, it would mean the quest was over." Her electric blue eyes landed on the daughter of Athena as a frown appeared, she knew how much this quest meant to the demigod. "This may be my only chance to see the real world."

The Grace girl's frown deepened as the thunderstorm let up, the storms were always so smoothing to her, helped her nerves and anxiety. She shot a look at the sky, but she didn't get a response back from her father. Rolling her eyes, she focused back on the demigod's conversation happening behind her.

"You haven't left Camp Half-Blood since you were seven?" Percy asked Annabeth.

"No . . . only short field trips. My dad—"

"The history professor."

"Yeah, it didn't work out for me living at home. I mean, Camp Half-Blood is my home." The blonde continued. "At Camp, you train and train. And that's cool and everything, but the real world is where the monsters are. That's where you learn whether you're any good or not." She paused for a moment.