Chapter 6: Blaze

Song recommendation: Mary Magdalene by FKA Twigs "Yes, I learnt you needed me. Yes, I'm here to open you; yes, I know that your heart is blue (So cold)"

     The hype behind the "kickback" made perfect sense, except this was more of a party full of wild banshees. The strong aroma of alcohol and sweat attacked Sage's nose as she posted her body up against the kitchen counter. The function was located at one of Jay's normally empty brownstones in Spanish Harlem and Sage could understand why now, it was crowded and the music was loud.

     "You want this?" Ella asked pushing a big blunt in her hands. She was already mingling with who appeared to be two goth chicks from their school.
     Ella's outfit:

     Sage's outfit as a reminder:

     "I never hit one of those in my life

     "I never hit one of those in my life." Sage said admittedly. She never smoked but she also never partied like this before, so there's a first for everything.

     "Girl I just tried it. Put it between your lips and inhale." Her best friend instructed. The goth chicks nodded their head encouragingly while Sage put it between her lips like Ella ordered. Sage began coughing as the smoke filled her lungs.

     "Shit!" She pulled the blunt from her lips and handed it back to one of the girls.

     "That was a good pull," one of them laughed.

     "Is it bad I feel different already?" She was a little drunk from the shots they downed not even an hour earlier. They managed to gulp them in their rooms before they had the driver take them to the location.

     "Nah, we're just lightweights with little everything," Ella replied matter of factly. The pair of girls just sniggered, waved and walked off. "Gosh, we're so not cool."

     Sage shrugged and folded her arms, "We had to start somewhere."

     The two set up their phone cameras, rapping along to all the trap music that was being played for the remaining hour, until Sage felt a tap on her shoulder.