Chapter 35: Gibbous

Song recommendation: Love Scars 3 by Trippie Red "No matter what, when we together, bae we shining; To the top, baby, we climbing, yeah"

"You guys are about six and a half months in your pregnancy, so far everything is going smoothly," the doctor explained to the couple. Sage was propped up on the chair with a cool substance on her stomach, while Dave sat beside her on a stool much smaller than him. Dr. Chopra went over a few things on the paper attached to the clipboard she was holding. "Are you guys ready to find out the gender? I'm not sure if I made it clear earlier in your pregnancy but by 14 weeks the gender was detectable."

"Well, Doctor the reason why we haven't mentioned the gender is because we want to wait," Sage replied. She caught a glimpse of her boyfriend and noticed a confused look on his face.

"No, I wanna know now," was his retort. The doctor realized the couple weren't on the same page and offered a polite smile. "Well, let me step out and give you guys time to talk it over." She felt appreciative of that plan and shot her a thank you before the doctor stalked out of the room. As soon as the door shut behind her she swatted Dave's arm, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Who is carrying this baby, Dave?"

"Who put it in you?" He pushed his stool closer to the bed like chair that she was on and came face to face with hers. He could smell her cherry chapstick and softly pecked her lips before she turned away with an attitude.  "You gon' kiss me," Dave muttered and pulled her face towards his and kissed her again.

"It's no time for this--" She started but he ignored her and placed another soft kiss at the corner of her mouth. He waited for her to speak so he could kiss her again but Sage sat up deterring his plan. She held up her small hands and pressed his chest when he stood up.

"That don't stop me," he held both wrists with his big hand and kissed the side of her face, pecking all the way to the center of her lips. She tried freeing herself from his hold but he was much stronger and held on.

"How're we gonna get anywhere, babe? Seriously!"

"What's there to figure out? We finna find out what's in the oven," he crooked his neck to kiss hers. He let go of her wrists and opted for her legs instead, pressing them down so she couldn't move anywhere. "As soon as she comes back in", he mumbled against her. He took in her smell of expensive perfume which only made him wanna suck on her neck more.

It was hard but she managed to tug his face up to hers but instead of waiting for her to talk he leaned forward and gently bit her bottom lip. "Why you so cute for?"

"Alright, fuck you." She was so over trying to talk to him and she was ready to go home and shower. "I'm wasting my time here, clearly."

Dave burst out chuckling, amused at the pessimistic frame of mind she was displaying. "Mama, relax..."

"This is important and you don't even wanna hear me out. Just being controlling per usual."

"What you mean?" He let go of her leg and she raised an eyebrow.

"Not just this but controlling everything like when I eat or go to bed. You even gave me a curfew."

"I did?"

"Babe, you literally get mad when I come home past twilight hours..." Sage was exasperated, all his stressing made her want to rip her out. "Plus, you have my location you need to loosen up. I'm a lot more careful now."

"Okay, I could be a little controlling..." Dave admitted but Sage shook her head.

"A lot."