reunions or refusions pt 2

her flight was quick and she landed with ease. she grabbed her things and headed to the uber that would take her to the hotel. she was anxiously messing with her hands nervous to see her team again. when she arrived she walked through the double doors checked in and got to her room. she realized she was the first there and she quickly picked a bed and laid on it to take a quick power nap. she woke up from her alarm and made her way down to the team meeting. she walked in obviously a little late. the room shrunk when tobin walked in. gasps were all around. truth be told tobin left with announcing it to the public and not her team. she didn't even say goodbye she just went to pairs. of course tobins heart aches and she felt horrible  for leaving the girls behind but this was completely necessary. after an injury tobin was trying to re invent herself she felt completely lost and psg gave her that feeling of hope and home. but she returned after jills call up. she knew she had more in her and she couldn't let her dreams slip away. she turned to face her team and she couldn't speak. jill and the coaching staff were the first ones to walk up to her to say hello they hugged her tightly and she smiled in their embrace. the team however wasn't so welcoming. the coaches left to give the girls some time to talk. they all looked at tobin expectantly. "hey guys. um i um ok look i messed up big time and i know that it's gonna be hard to forgive me let alone play with me-" alex mumbled something under her breath earning a smack on her arm from syd. "look i don't know how to say this or justify what i did was right cause it wasn't. i know not telling you guys was a big mistake but truthfully i couldn't. i couldn't sit there and face you because i would've stayed. if i had looked at cheney and arod i would've stayed same with you guys. and i needed this. i needed this so bad. and i did it and all of it it was worth it. but it won't be if i loose you guys too" tobin said the last part quietly. no one said anything. she nodded her head when she saw a tan beauty step up. her green eyes were soft and comforting. she hugged tobin and smiled into her neck. "thank you. i forgive you toby" christen mumbled into tobins neck. she wrapped her arms tightly around the girl never wanting to let go. "look we can um talk about this more after meeting" christie rampone said. meeting dragged on they had a ton to talk about. after tobin got her gear she headed up to her room to drop it off. team meeting part 2 would be held in christie's room. it was awkward. tobin had already apologized. after 10 minutes of silence abby piped in. "listen here kiddo. i'm not gonna lie and i think i speak for everyone when i say. i'm hurt but i'll forgive you. because i love you and when you love someone you do whatever will help them be better." abby smiled softly and hugged the girl. soon almost everyone followed suit. pinoe wrapped her arms tightly around the middy. tobin couldn't breath but she didn't care. her new kids popped up. they didn't have to speak they simply said. "loved you then and love you now" cheney said simply. "always" arod responded. "and forever" tobin finished. she wrapped her arms tightly around the girls. she knew things weren't automatically gonna go back to how they were but this was an incredibly good start. the team was so excited to have tobin back she brought so much on and off the pitch. on she brought incredible speed and skill and was the craftiest player the us has ever seen. off she brought her chill and her fun and spontaneous personality always just going with the flow. it was impossible to not love tobin and everyone knew it. they were still waiting on a comment from a certain forward. and her comments shook the room.