watch ur back press

"LFG BABY LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!!!" tobin roared on the bus on their way to their first game of concaf women's world cup qualifying. "tobin. please sit down" alex said laughing at the older girl as she slumped into her seat. "i hope i get the start tonight" tobin mumbled after a few minutes on the bus. alex pulled her ear buds out and turned so she faced tobin. "tobin powell heath. you will get the start. no one i mean no one can ever play the left mid as good as you. you have incredible skill and are literally labeled america's craftiest player. so no more about this. no start crap. that starting spot is yours. go it?" tobin nodded in response. tobin was not as confident as she looked and not many people knew it. but once she stepped on the pitch she dominated never losing the ball and everyone knew that. "alright starting 11 are. abby, alex, arod, shannon, lauren, tobin, kelley, becky, julie, christe and hope." jill said with a smile and tobin beamed. she was happy to be starting. after the new kids signature jump and warm up it was game time. the first 4 minutes abby had scored alex following after that and arod and tobin had two plus a few others. "hey good game!" tobin felt her arm being grabbed and turned to see christen. "hey thanks press. sorry you didn't play" tobin frowned. "no worries tob. jill told me i'll probably play the next one. i'm just happy to be here and it's a major plus to watch you do your thing" christen smiled. her hand still on tobins bicep. "haha thanks chris. look i definitely think you deserve that starting spot. and you'll get it i'm sure." tobin smiled. alex watched the whole thing from a distance. after changing and showering the group hopped on the bus back to their hotel. "hey! i looked for you after the game" tobin told alex as she slumped into her seat. "interview" alex said simply and coldly. "you played good" tobin tried. "thanks. you did too" alex said. "alex what's going on?" tobin groaned. alex faced her. "you and press." she admitted. "there's nothing between me and press. just good friends is all" tobin told her. alex nodded. she had no right to get mad at tobin when she doesn't even know what they are. "sorry i just don't want my best friend to be stolen from me" "i'm not. i'm right here lex. always" tobin smiled and the two went back to their usual. "hey girls. i know we're all tired so going outs out of the question but let's hang out tonight? my room maybe a movie?" pinoe asked. everyone nodded and after tobin showered and changed into fresh sweats and a sports bra she headed to pinoes room. tobin sat next to alex on pinoes bed as alex cuddled into the older girl. this was not uncommon so the team didn't really think much of it. "hey tobin" christen said as she laid next to tobin. "hey press" tobin smiled. alex muffled her groan by sticking her head in tobins neck. "what was that alex?" christen asked innocently. alex just shook her head and smiled. after the movie alex watched as christen yawned and cuddled into tobin slightly. "i'm tired toby. do you wanna go to bed?" christen asked sweetly. tobin nodded and got up saying goodnight to everyone but not giving alex her own personal good night. "watch your back press" alex mumbled while walking to her room. the next day was filled with recovery for the players that played 60+ minutes and that group included both tobin and alex. christen had to leave earlier for training so she made sure to do so quietly as to not disturb the sleeping middy. alex however did not have the same concern. "hey alex what's up?" christen said as she was about to close her door quietly. "hey is tobin still asleep?" "uh yeah- ok" christen said as alex pushed past her and walked into their room. christen just shook her head in disbelief and headed down. alex did her usual by slipping into tobins bed and wrapping her arms around the midfielders waist lightly scratching her abs. after a few minutes of the two cuddling they decided to get up and get started on their day which of course began with breakfast. after letting tobin get ready in which alex sat patiently on the older girls bed the two were off. "oh hello tobin great to see you joined us today" arod smiled as tobin smirked at her. "your hilarious" tobin said in between yawns. "here champ. don't worry about getting anything" cheney smiled as she had tobins usual breakfast infront of her. tobin smiled at the older girl and slumped next to her. after breakfast dawn explained the recovery session today. "alright there are ice baths, massages, pool sessions, yoga, meditation, heat treatment.....  you all must go to 3. alright girls" dawn told them dismissing them. "which ones do you wanna do alex?" tobin asked. "umm massage, yoga and i feel like we should do an ice bath" alex told her. "ugh fine." tobin said. she hated ice baths and basically everything recovery. she just liked to play. "come on" alex dragged tobin to the massage room. after their massage tobin was walking with alex to the pool. "that wasn't that bad" alex tried. "nope it was. they always make it hurt!" tobin complained and pouted. alex laughed at her childish best friend and messed her hair up a little before dawn caught the two. "oh hey guys. tobin can i speak to you for a moment" dawn asked. tobin agreed and told alex to meet her in the pool. "oh hey tobin" jill greeted. "hey guys. what's up?" tobin asked. "well here's what we're thinking. we have noticed that you and christen have obviously become friends. which is great. now we want to test your connection on the field cause at practice it's great but we're hoping it'll be ever better on game day. kinda like the connection you and alex have" tobin followed along. "basically tobin here's what we're thinking.  we're gonna sir alex out our next game and replace her with christen and see what she can do in there." "ok that's sounds good." "good okay well let you get back to recovery" jill smiled dismissinh tobin. "also tobin we'd really appreciate if you didn't mention this to anyone especially alex. we'd like to talk with her ourselves" "ofcourse" tobin smiled walking out. even tobin knew alex would not be happy. her starting spot gone especially to christen who she knows alex is not a fan of and if tobin was being honest christen had a lot to bring. alex might not be safe on this one. watch your back press tobin warned with a frown in her head.