game day

today was the first day of concaf world cup qualifying and it was extremely important to win. especially after the 2011 world cup upset
as the last goal slipped past hopes hands they knew it was done. tobin didn't crumple to the ground or cry. she simply took a deep breath and stood there. she watched as heart break spread across her teammates faces. she missed a pk. did she cause this she thought. as if reading her mind alex came up behind her and put her hands on her shoulders. "this is not on you" she said simply. tobin smiled weakly and the team went to accept the worst medals. silver. tobin remebered that feeling for years. she promised her self she would never let herself feel that again. she lost herself after the world cup and of it wasn't for paris she didn't know where she'd be.
she woke up and amy and her got ready quickly. after a team meeting and breakfast it was time to head to the pitch. alex took her respective seat next to tobin. "you nervous?" alex asked her. "nah just anxious" tobin tried but alex could see right through her. she squeezed tobins knee in reassurance and continued on with her music. they got to the pitch and were changing when christen came up behind tobin. "hey toby" "hi press" tobin smiled. christen had these pretty green eyes that changed color in different lighting and tobin always found herself staring deep into them. those eyes made tobin calm yet excited. just standing there with christen made her forget her nerves she was focused. after their jump with arod and cheney it was kick off. game went well it was a win. they didn't play their best soccer but that was ok. they didn't want to peak just yet. "good game tobs" alex told the older girl. "thanks al you too" tobin smiled at her. concaf went by and yep you guessed it. THEY QUALIFIED. it was redemption time. well that's how most of the team saw it. tobin just saw it as another world cup another chance to play her best soccer. when concaf ended it was almost like a breath of fresh air. sure they were qualified but they couldn't come up for air just yet. they still had to win and this time tobin would not let herself be standing on the other side of the podium. it was time to kick her ass in gear and it was the perfect time. time to head back to portland time to carry on with her life before her next camp. luckily she wouldn't be alone she was gonna get to be with her harry and alex. life couldn't get better. or so she thought.

back in portland
they're flight landed and alex shook tobin awake. "toby. toby. we're here" she said softly. tobin groaned and sat up. they exited the plane and grabbed their things quickly. allie would be picking them up. they got into the car allie, tobin, and 1 other teammate shared. the car given fo them by portland. "hey guys! how was camp?" allie asked excitedly despite it being around 10 pm. "good. we're QUALIFIED!!" both girls yelled still not off of their high. allie smiled happily for her best friends. they dropped alex off first and then went to their own. they're apartments were only a few feet away from each other so the girls waved goodnight to alex as she quietly entered as to not wake her sleeping roommate. "so i see you guys are good again?" allie asks as they step in. "geez you waste no time harry" tobin laughed. "but yeah we're on our way to being good" tobin admitted happily. after unpacking tobin crashed out quickly. the next few weeks would go by slowly filled with small trainings since the nwsl season had ended and now they would just twiddle their thumbs till world cup time.
tobin woke up around 9:30 ish the next morning to an empty apartment. allie was probably at the gym or something so she flopped down on the couch and ate some ego waffles ( not dawn approved) and watched some espn. she was in the middle of a college football game when alex and allie stumbled into their apartment. they were laughing about something and they were both in training clothes tobin guessed that they both had went to the gym. "hey harry. did you eat?" allie asked tobin. tobin nodded and turned back to the tv. the girls grabbed some food and alex plopped down next to tobin. "sooo what are we doing today guys?" alex asked. "mmm i'm not sure. what do you guys feel like?" allie responded. tobin didn't say much just kept her eyes chained to the screen. are we back to normal again? tobin thought. "tobs?" alex asked her bestfriend. tobin just shrugged still in her own world. "honestly guys i'm pretty drained i think i'm just gonna go nap or something" tobin said getting up from the couch and walking to her room. alex worries about her best friend but decided that maybe tobin really just was tired so she went with allie to go to lunch and then walk around a bit. "so how was concaf?" allie asked as they sat down at a local cafe. "good good. i was suprised that toby came back but i'm so happy to have my bestfriend back"
alex said happily. "i know me too." allie smiled. "just be carful al. tobins tobin. she could leave again and i don't want you falling off the wagon  again. it wasn't pretty in the slightest" allie was upfront. "i know. but she can't know. she'll think i'm weak and i just don't tell her ok?" she told allie. allie nodded and the two continued their usual conversations. they got back to the apartment and allie sat on the couch to watch tv. alex walked to tobins room and plopped down on her bed like normal placing her chin on the older girls shoulder. "hey" alex whispered. tobin grumbled in response and alex giggled. she wrapped her arms around the girls back and snuggled deep into her shoulder half laying on tobins back and she let herself drift off. to sleep.
just like always she thought.