alex?

every one looked around nervously. eyes shifted between tobin and alex. alex was tobins best friend absolutely no questions asked hands down. but what tobin didn't know was how alex broke when she left, stopped taking as good of care of herself, suffered a big injury to her ankle and was out for 7 months. and on top of all of that she had ended things with her on and off boyfriend servando. and what hurt alex the most was her best friend missed all of it. she wasn't there to hold her hair back while alex threw up many times from drinking or to hold her hand during her many doctor appointments where she heard the same thing. no her bestfriend was in paris playing with an incredible team meeting even cooler people and having the time of her life. alex didn't know it but tobin even found love? well more like lust. she had a girlfriend in paris- shirley. sure tobin liked shirley but for tobin it was more of a fling. a 2 year fling. tobin was interrupted from her thoughts when alex rose from the floor. "look. i'll play with you but i won't be your friend again tobin" alex said simply brushing her shoulder against tobins rudely. tobin wasn't sure what to say or what to do she looked at arod and cheney sadly and they smiled sympathetically and rubbed her back. she went to her room and discovered her roommate was the one and only amy rodriguez.  she was happy to be with arod and not alex but that night tobin couldn't sleep knowing she could've just lost her best friend. that night tobin tossed and turned drifting in and out of sleep and in and out of dreams.
tobin looked over at alex and saw the determination in her eyes. tobin smirked as she laid a card down alex's eyes went wide. but she quickly recovered as tobin let out a groan. "i was just about to win" tobin whined. "yes!" alex said excitedly. tobin shook her head incredibly annoyed and turned back to her magazine. alex noticed the older girls reaction so she simply packed up the cards and proceeded to put away the game. alex was usually the one who got really upset over losses of anything so it was weird to see tobin react like this. once she finished packing she just stared out the window and waited for the bus to arrive to their hotel. once the two settled in alex spoke up. "toby?" tobin looked over at her and glared. alex sadly walked to her bed and sat. she was scrolling through twitter when she felt tobin jump on her and a wrestling match began. "toby!" alex screamed. "you might be the superstar but i am the wrestling champion!" tobin said triumphantly. alex giggled and the two were back to normal. best friends.
"Tobin, tobs. toby!" she woke up to a groggy amy rodriguez. "oh hey arod" tobin said groggily. arod smiled and helped her friend out of bed. the two got changed and ready quickly and met the team downstairs for breakfast. "aw look who decided to show up" the two heard abby wambach call from her table. tobin and arod playfully rolled their eyes and sat next to lauren cheney. tobin and arod were both known to be one the worst morning people in the history of the world and two late to everything. lauren had already made plates for them with tobins usual. bagel, fruit and coffee. the two smiled gratefuly at lauren who was basically like a mother to tobin just like arod was a mother to tobin as well. they ate fast and boarded the bus to training. tobin sat down next to alex and watched as alex turned up her music louder into her earbuds and avoided tobin at all costs. tobin just put in her own earbuds and prayed the day would go quickly. at the field after warm ups jill called for usual partners. usually this wouldn't be a partner but today it was because tobin and alex are usual partners. "come on" alex annoyingly said grabbing a ball and passing to tobin. the two ran through their drills with out a single word of communication. they made little mistakes that they would never make if they were on their regular good terms. they never had to talk on the field. tobin always knew where to pass to alex and alex always knew where tobin would get the ball and where she would put it. but it's been off. they've been off. and it was killing one just as much as it was killing another. tobin knew she needed to fix things she just wasn't sure how. she had already apologized why couldn't alex forgive her like the others had? she's her best friend for crying out loud! or was.
"CHENEY STOP CHASING TOBIN!" arod yelled. the team watched as the three well actually cheney chased tobin, tobin running screaming and squirting water at her and arod trying to calm them both down. tobin sprinted past abby and hid behind her dodging lauren. she thought she had caught her when she turned quickly and sprayed behind her. but no one was laughing. tobin looked up and saw that she had sprayed someone she doesn't recognize. "i i i i'm so sorry i thought you were cheney i i" tobin looked at the girl worried. "no worries." she laughed. tobin felt immense relief and everyone laughed. "i'm-" tobin started but alex cut her off. "tobin heath. yeah i've heard of you" alex smiled. "i'm alex morgan" "i'm also your new roommate" alex told her. "thank god. i've been meaning to get away from chen dog back there" tobin said dramatically. cheney nudged her hard. the two younger girls just smiled at each other. they each felt some sort of spark like this would be a forever friendship.
tobin smiled sadly at the memory and alex was having the same reaction to the same memory. alex wanted to forgive tobin she wanted to hug her best friend, beat her in manop deal and go back but she knew she couldn't. she couldn't even tell tobin the truth of what happened while she was away.